Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WallyB47
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

I do that daily for all three of my OTA-connected TVs. It appears that the TVs check for updates when turned on. But I manually check as well and still get one bar. I guess all we can do is wait. 

wjtaggart
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same here. I’m a little compulsive. Check for updates multiple times per day. 

Wmk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku tv 7104X

TCL model 49s405

Software ver. 10.50 Build 4210-30

rukiafan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

the signal meter has fixed itself and now works like it should and i did nothing

ThorGod59
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same here

0 Kudos
noob99999
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Still no fix here.  TCL.  I'm glad others are reporting success.

0 Kudos
rukiafan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i can't explain why it works now but it does.  it just randomly started working like it should

0 Kudos
noob99999
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ruiafan-

Many TVs will check for updates automatically, once daily.  It may have updated without you knowing.  Go to your manual update screen and check the date it was last updated.

0 Kudos
Wmk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The update date will not change. Mine still says last months date. The update checked date will be the date checked automatically or manually. After a couple days working it stopped today and rechecking updates didn't work. So I tried a restart and that fixed it. Settings/system/power/restart. I'm will not fret about this. I suggest if you are going to rescan channels try getting the meter to work. There's obviously no permanent fix yet.

0 Kudos
noob99999
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Wmk-

Someone mentioned the functionality might be related to a specific channel buried in the Roku TV - I'm guessing more like an extension to the O/S, than a core component.  That might explain why the date updated for the Roku firmware is not reflecting an update.

Hopefully someone is keeping in contact with Roku to tell them that the fix is not complete, just in case they think it was finished.  And, it certainly isn't working on all models.