Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Legierk
Streaming Star

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

Still one bar here. TCL 10.5 OS

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Westinghouse TV here, no new update for my TV today or yesterday, so I still am getting only one bar. 

0 Kudos
WallyB47
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

TCL Series 3, Insignia and ONN. TVs alone bar and 10.5.0 and Build 4210. In other words same **it, different day - one bar.

noob99999
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

TCL here too, and no update, but I'd like to know from the two earlier posters that had success - what brand of TVs they have.

0 Kudos
ThorGod59
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have a TCL 6 series 2018 model. Still at 1 bar. 

0 Kudos
WallyB47
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The important questions are the date and time of their update and Build number. As we know, not all updates are sent at the same time. Maybe a slight update is afoot or maybe not. I know all three of my TVs, different brands show one bar consistently.

0 Kudos
Musoka
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

TCL- no change. FYI The people claiming they are fixed may not have had firmware update. There is a "channel" within all this that is the live TV explorer that can update independently of the firmware. If this truly is fixed for some that channel may have updated specific to their manufacturer. Unsure because roku isn't transparent. 

0 Kudos
Dave28
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Signal strength meter is stilil working on my TCL.  It has been good for about 24 hrs.  It still says Version 10.5.0 Build 4210 Last update 12/16.  I wish I was paying attention last night when I manually checked for update.   Two message bars flashed on the screen. The first I missed completely and the second said something about speeding up channels.  Keeping my fingers crossed hoping it will last.

0 Kudos
c-dude
Reel Rookie

Re: Antenna Signal After OS 10.5 update

Jump to solution

For the forum, and Danny:

As of 1900, 5 January 2022, i am at version 10.5.0 Build 4210-48.

Happy to report that OTA antenna signal is working for my TCL Roku TV now!

I had performed an update via the system update feature, received 5 channel updates. XUMO was the last channel to update, and once finished, i returned to OTA live tv, and I now have antenna bars once again on the lower left corner of my TV set, and they do reflect similar signal strengths (as closely as i can remember) as before the problem manifested itself! Meed to rescan OTA channels next to see if there's any other changes detected.

Thank you so very much for finding the problem and fixing it!

Goofus
Streaming Star

Re: Antenna Signal After OS 10.5 update

Jump to solution

My TV is a Phillips blah-blah-blah-whatever (doesn't matter)... OS 10.5, 4210-63.  No updates that I saw happen, but yesterday my OTA signal bars were suddenly working.  All day.  No problem whatsoever.  Until I went to a different channel.  Then I went back to one bar everywhere again.  It really is just an annoyance at this point.  With 10,000 streaming options, I don't watch tons of OTA TV, plus the signal isn't even affected, just the reporting of it.  What I AM bothered by is "upgrades" to software that eff up features that WERE working.  And Roku is annoyingly good at doing exactly that, almost defiantly so.