Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WallyB47
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

Sounds about right.

0 Kudos
WallyB47
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Think it will happen in my lifetime? Sorry for the sarcasm, but chat etc. with Roku has yielded the”deer in the headlights” response. I have a ticket in with Roku and they want serial numbers of TVs etc. the OS on all three brands is 10.5.0 and Build 4210. All three manufacturer TVs do the exact same thing. Roku acts as if I am a space alien. 

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I own 3 Roku TVs, but only one is connected to an antenna. It took me about 5 minutes to collect and post my information to this thread, not a big deal for me.

noob99999
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

As a software engineer, I can respect how difficult it can be to fix complicated issues.  But, seriously, this seems like a simple fix - all of our TVs are no doubt reporting their reception CORRECTLY to your software.  I'm glad you have come on here, and acknowledged you are working on it, but come on - be honest that you have no doubt put it at low priority.  This worked flawlessly until your team broke it.  Weeks to fix it - OK .... months and months to fix it - NOT OK.

Gripsz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

They proved they could fix it in One Day - when they pushed version 10.0.2.4295 at my Westinghouse (page 13 - this thread). fixed it. No channel Hide ability, but Fix it they did. I guess they will address the signal indicator in 10.5.0, after they fix the other problems introduced with same. I've got faith in them, or maybe it's just hope. Nothing that helps, or anybody wanted to hear, but it sounds better than half page rant, about video/audio sync and throwing hammer through screen,  i deleted prior to posting.

0 Kudos
Gripsz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Noob,

It may very well be Hardware, if you look at like this: The software only exists to function for a particular chipset/soc/device. When the software is redesigned with features or changes, they must adhere to the existing Hardware, not just the last software release. To exaggerate the point - try to run a newer windows os on a old PC. I'm no Roku motherboard /chip expert, but it's possible issues could arise from their attempt to upgrade to 10.5.0 despite incompatibilities in Hardware. I can't believe it's the product of some idiot truncating a line of code. I'm quite sure my tvs Have received updates since the first 10.5.0.xxxx, to 10.5.0.yyyy. I don't know what they called their-selves fixing, but i can say it didn't affect/fix the Signal Meter.

0 Kudos
Dave28
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I  checked for updates last night.  It did do a quick update  It flashed a couple of messages. I wasn't really expecting anything and not paying attention, but it said something about speeding up channels, and now my signal strength meter WORKS.  It still says 10.5.0 Build 4210 but I'm OK with that.  YEAH!!!!

noob99999
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just checked for an update.  Nothing.  Hopefully your success is a sign of movement on this issue.  Report back later and let us know if it's still working.

Kwhalen
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yep! I was also pleasantly surprised to find the meter working today! I posted on this thread months ago and almost gave up hope of ever seeing a fix. 

noob99999
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Can you guys that now have working meters report what manufacturer TV you own?  I know Roku is responsible for the software, but based on everyone not getting the update simultaneously, I'm guessing they likely push the updates to the manufacturers, who then push them to end users, OR Roku pushes to different models at different times.