Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

I think that Roku will fix this problem in the future. There will be no heads up to anyone that is having the issue. We will know the problem is gone when we update our TVs and check and see if the issue is gone. Hopefully, the signal strength meter fix does not break anything else on my Roku 3 TV's. LOLOL! 

WallyB47
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I sure hope you are right. However, to fix a problem Roku should first acknowledge it exists, which Roku doesn’t and hasn’t.  Rocky’s answer to everything is ask what kind of TV, serial numbers and other meaningless information that is widespread. Roku doesn’t listen when told the problem persists across numerous brands. Norman Vincent Peale wrote a book on the power of positive thinking. Again, I hope Roku corrects it. Roku doesn’t need to notify me just fix it.

0 Kudos
Nemo288
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No offense to Mr. Peale and his fans but I think instead of positivity The Peter Principle applies here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle

"The Peter principle is a concept in management developed by Laurence J. Peter, which observes that people in a hierarchy tend to rise to "a level of respective incompetence". This leads to Peter's Corollary: "In time, every post tends to be occupied by an employee who is incompetent to carry out its duties.""

0 Kudos
Dave28
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I  have the same problem.

0 Kudos
lkas
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

been 2 months of this BS already.  when are they gonna fix this?

0 Kudos
mkellogg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is crazy that this problem hasn't been fixed sooner.  Had an interesting think happen yesterday -- I hooked up a more powerful amp on my outdoor OTA antenna and it was able to pick up additional channels.  Interestingly enough, when I would go to those new channels, the signal meter WORKED!  Ok, it was only for a second or two, but it was a change from my already scanned channels.  Perhaps it was just a glitch but I found it most interesting.  Those are my 2 cents!

WallyB47
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Never. Because they refuse to admit the problem exists. You would think 2 months would be sufficient time to admit a problem and work to fix it.

0 Kudos
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

mkellogg,

Perhaps the Roku staff lurkers on this board can take note of your experience and get some detailed notes from you regarding precisely what you did to get the results.  As an developer and dev manager, I loved getting those out in the wild bug reports to find hidden use cases that my test lab couldn't come up with.

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

WalleyB47,

If Roku does not think this problem exist, then why have I and other community members given what Roku asked for in this community thread? I don't think that waiting 2 months is too long to wait for something that does not make my TVs completely dead. This issue is a low priority for Roku.  Roku has to deal real emergencies, before moving onto the smaller stuff like the OTA signal problem. 

Legierk
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

So maybe if I disconnect the antenna for a few, then reconnect it, the signal meter can "reset"? Interesting. Might have to try this.

0 Kudos