Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnflanigan
Reel Rookie

Re: Antenna Signal After OS 10.5 update

Jump to solution

Maybe a clue! I have found that if you go to Parental controls in the settings menu and block some ratings, when you go back to Live TV, the blocked channels will show the correct tv signal strength bars but of course you cannot see that channel because it is blocked. Unblocked channels are still viewable but signal strength is still only one bar. Looking for anything to lead to a fix. Good luck everyone!

VernL4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wow! I am happy to say that I now receive OTA channels again! I set some parental controls and my OTA channels came back! I don't know how that is related, but it doesn't matter. I am happy that I will be able to watch football this afternoon. BIG thank you to @johnflanigan!!! 

0 Kudos
loric1

Jump to solution

My Hisense Roku OTA channels now has no signal. This happened after the 12/01/2021 update. Why can't Roku send a update to fix it? They sent one to take away antenna.

0 Kudos
Kwhalen
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I received a reply from the maker of my Roku TV about the issue with the broken OTA signal meter. Apparently, it is just a user interface problem. Here is the reply...

"Thank you for your response. We would like to inform you that Roku is aware of this concern, and they have confirmed that this is only a user interface concern. Although your TV is only showing one (1) bar OTA (over-the-air) antenna channel signal, the actual signal strength received by the TV should not be affected.

I told them from the beginning that the picture was fine and my concern was with the signal meter no working. They don't seem too concerned about the issue. I am not too hopeful that a fix is on the way.

wjtaggart
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I’d call that pretty good news. In my mind, it is minor, as I continue to receive OTA channels as I always have. I was hoping for some evidence from anywhere that Roku were aware. I expect they’ll fix it at done point. 

0 Kudos
ChuckV
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Think you just need to rescan and if need be reset tv to factory settings than rescan OTC.

0 Kudos
ThorGod59
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@ChuckV wrote:

Think you just need to rescan and if need be reset tv to factory settings than rescan OTC.

That won't fix the problem. Don't you think that most of us tried that. The problem is bad programming by Roku. With all do respect to you, if you would read all of the posts, you would see it is a bad programming and Factory Reset will not fix it. I started this thread to show that there is a problem with the update and Roku is aware of the problem now and working on it. Now it's only 1 of many problems with the update. 

steveh4
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

Yes, I noticed it awhile back but the picture still looks fine. So after checking cable connections and so forth finally did a google search on "fw32r19f antenna signal strength" and found this thread.

Obviously not a show stopper, but breaking things that were working just fine is never good and is representative of poor procedures in place for rolling out updates.

I can only hope this gets fixed in the next update.

0 Kudos
Kwhalen
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The TV signal meter was a nice feature. I have three other Roku devices and none of them have that feature, only the Roku/TCL TV. I get around 65 OTA channels, and it help me decide if a channel is coming in well enough to watch, or not. I can even tell if bad weather is coming my way as I lose reception. Living here in Kansas, that is very helpful. 
The folks at TCL assured my that Roku is working a fix.  I also contacted the customer support folks at Roku, and they seem oblivious to the issue. I imagine they have more concern about cutting off the YouTube channel right now, than dealing with this. LOL.

0 Kudos
Wmk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I glad there's a forum to find out these things. Next time I won't waste my time trying to sort out a hardware problem and have that nagging question in my head. Is it my tv or something else? I recently saw a video about tv makers running their own ads on top of all the other ads and you can't opt out. Samsung is one of them. Before you run out and buy another tv do your research. I don't think Roku is doing it - yet.

0 Kudos