Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luism1023

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

I just received the new build on my TCL tv and it works much better. One issue is still there, my live app shows one bar for all channels. Thankfully this time around the tv holds on the signal better. 

Model:55P605

0 Kudos
CitzenCain
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It's like instead of testing these updates before they dump them on their customers the programmers at Roku just throw their changes up against the wall and wait to see what sticks. 

0 Kudos
Musoka
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Daily reminder- Roku broke who knows how many of their products with a bad firmware update weeks/months ago (depending on model) and so far are not rolling back affected broken sets. Signal strength is botched causing ota TV hard to watch, the in set program guide no longer populates any data, Disney+ and paramount+ (paid services) are broken for many of us. Rolling back firmware fixed these issues for all of us but the units update themselves back to broken firmware. 15 pages and counting of complaints for over a month and no answers from anyone, mods hands are clearly tied, nobody has the power or the will to address the massive problem. If you want to literally have months of broken products out of every year, this is the company for you! 

Cooper66
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I woke up this morning only to see that my TCL65R615 Roku tv auto updated back to 10.5.  All my problems are back.

While out shopping the new TVs with holiday pricing I notice this "TCL 65" class 6-series 4k smart Google tv - 65R646".  No TCL Roku TVs of this size and series dated 2021, just 2020. Just new TCL Google TVs are dated 2021. I also notice a lot of new Amazon smart fire TVs are dated 2021. Android TVs are still out there. 

Looks like the tv industry is changing, I just don't know. I guess I will wait till next year to see if there are 2022 Roku smart TVs being made or not. I will just wait and see.

Meanwhile I hope Roku gets their stuff together and fix this, or do I need to put a "for sale" on it.

DaveZ1300

Jump to solution

i have the same problem with the Antenna signal

from 4 bars to 1

TCL 55S401

Software ver : 10.5.0 build 4208-30

not crazy about the change to the Settings * menu layout either

this happened a couple weeks ago, and then a few days ago

i got the rollback (?)  and signal strength returned to 4 bars (thought it was a fixed update)

and now. today another update and the bars are down to 1 again

0 Kudos
MatthewN

Re: Antenna Signal After April 8th Update

Jump to solution

Yes! 🤬 And it's pissing me off I hope it can be fixed soon

0 Kudos
Sensiblecinema
Reel Rookie

Re: Antenna Signal After April 8th Update

Jump to solution

Don't hold your breath. I made the original post on April 8th and it still isn't fixed on my TV. I don't use the input anymore anyway. I bought an HDHomeRun which distributes to all my TVs and use Plex Server as a DVR. But in addition to the antenna problem, the backlight adjustment and several picture adjustments don't work anymore either.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you are still experiencing your OTA signal that has been severely impacted after the OS 10.5 update, please help us with the required details below for us to send the case for investigation to our engineering team:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lkas
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

hisense 58 in tv  C232X

serial  x001008kgw14

device id  s01mhockgw14

software  10.5.0 build 4201-94

ota signal meter went from 5 bars on all channels to one bar since 10.5 software update

0 Kudos
Musoka
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi Mary, how many literally hundreds of people do you need to scrape data from before roku decides that thousands of broken TVs out there isn't good business practice, and isn't good for roku reputation? It's been two months for some of us with broken TVs. Please list some corporate email addresses for us to contact since nobody appears to be dealing with the issue. In all seriousness, if this was a few days, maybe a week I don't roku would be getting nearly the level of hostility they are. But in all seriousness, how many threads are there with firmware 10.5 issues? And you guys are still only at the collecting data stage of this? Two months later? This tells me a fix is not being engineered yet. Knowing that, I truly don't find it unreasonable that roku renumbered 10.0 and pushed it out to all of us fixing thousands or more TVs. You guys are so lucky most people don't use ota TV. Maybe it's time to contact tech press outlets about this. TWO MONTHS and wasted money on broken steaming services later you are still trying to collect info. Any other major tech provider would patch or rollback that week. How do I know? I work in tech, nearly 15 years.