Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pedro123
Streaming Star

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

"I'm happy to report that my TV was "updated" back to version 10.0. I now have OTA channels again! "

Isn't this discussion about the signal strength indicator, not OTA channel reception?

Has the signal strength indicator been fixed?

0 Kudos
Gripsz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Since you don't have the Hide/Manage Channels *popup menu from 10.5.0.,  i don't know how you can 'unhide' channels. You could always manage the OTA channels in the Settings -Input menu. There was option to turn off all 'Extra' streaming channels. Maybe by turning them off, then back on, you could get the hid ones back - but then you got a mess again. At this point I'm just glad i got them off of the listing. i finished cleanup on the 3rd roku tv this morning, so i'll await the firmware Up(we oughta call it a 'RuKdate') on the other 2 sets now.

0 Kudos
Derkewing
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, it's fixed and of course the channel logos for OTA channels are gone once again. My goodness, this is annoying. Finally it worked and then it's back to **bleep**. 

0 Kudos
failsafe

Jump to solution

Same issue here with my 2021 TCL Roku TV.

Model: 55R635 Software: 10.5.0 Build 4201-88

0 Kudos
Nemo288
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I don't understand why they would roll back to a previous firmware image that obviously had issues of it's own; they updated it after all; instead of going ahead and fixing the current gripes and doing a real update.

This gives me the impression that they don't have any professional programmers that actually know what they are doing and that the firmware is an undocumented mess written by many different people.

Recursive subroutines calling each other anyone? The kind of program where one typo blows the whole thing up and is impossible to find.

I am not a programmer but I did take assembly and compilers in college and my best friend is one.

You don't even need to know the language to understand his programs as the comments and built in documentation are a major portion of the "code". The flow chart is almost right there.

Then I have seen code with no comments at all and you are bewildered right away.

Like building a recording console with no labels on the buttons, knobs, and switches

Yeah I am being silly but we might as well have some fun with this if we can.

Have a good and true Thanksgiving those who celebrate!

0 Kudos
JoeKC4G
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

VernL4:

That's the exact same model TV as I have here.  ROKU pushed out an update (actually a down-grade to version 10.0.0) which fixed all of the issues I was having with the current version (10.5.0).  You may want to go to the update screen in the settings menu and check to see if you have that option.  If not, I would suggest opening a support ticket and specifically ask to be rolled back to the working software version.

0 Kudos
Pedro123
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

"ROKU pushed out an update (actually a down-grade to version 10.0.0) which fixed all of the issues I was having with the current version (10.5.0)."

You mean you now have a working OTA signal strength indicator?

This issue was present long before ver: 10.5. In fact the OTA signal strength loss occurred with an update December 2020. 

0 Kudos
thegov

Jump to solution

How do you get OS 4295 update? There is no option on my TV??

0 Kudos
TCLOwner

Re: Antenna Signal After April 8th Update

Jump to solution

Yes I am having the same problem, has anyone found a fix? Ours is a 55" roku TCL

0 Kudos
DOurJOBorPAYme
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I didn't notice anything and all I use is an antenna. 34 channels. 

0 Kudos