Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JD8675309
Streaming Star

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

It updated at 3:35 central....the update was a rollback to version 10.0.0 from the 10.5.0 and no I16377077772699157265321236982527.jpg

Cooper66
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Pedro123,

Nope, I am not a Roku employee or a shill, just a guy who's tv model TCL65R615 that is working perfectly since the update today. Sorry your tv is having problems. The fact is my tv is functioning like it use too since the update.

COOPER66

JD8675309
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

20211123_164954.jpg

Pedro123
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

"The fact is my tv is functioning like it use too since the update."

I have not had any (back dated) update as of 6:15 pm eastern. In fact since I first encountered this problem a year ago December Roku has had other updates that did not fix this problem, including 10.

I still doubt your claims until I see it on my TV.

Let's see some posts from other people who have posted loss of OTA signal strength.

0 Kudos
Gripsz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Update did indeed get passed along as someone stated. Also does appear to be a fix to signal meter, though it appears a little more optimistic on bars than i had remembered, haven't checked all channels. Yes, i have to eat my words from past post about  'i would trade ability to hide channels to get back the signal meter, in that, i wish i could have both working.  i suspect they will get that feature back and push it out sometime in the future. I 'Hid' allot of channels earlier in day, so i'm hoping they are still 'Hid', since i can't <Hide Channel> anymore.  I haven't checked, it may have unHid the ones i Hid? BTW, the other 2 roku sets did Not update, but, they didn't all update same day before. The one that just got changed was the First to update to 10.5.0.

IMG_20211123_181032_0 crop.jpg

0 Kudos
Nemo288
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

RokuTV A113X
TCL 55R635
Serial # X003000CU9V0
Software 10.5.0 build 4201-88

Just checked for updates and none available. Says I am up to date.

Maybe they are stringing the roll back along slowly the way Microsoft does sometimes.

Maybe only certain sets are being fixed?

0 Kudos
Gripsz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes, that's what my other 2 sets say Are Up to Date, and they are, just with a broken version. Yes Nemo, maybe they are sending it out in batches and waiting to see who squeals the loudest, or says what it did/didn't do. I would think that the software developers wouldn't have access to test the code on Multiple brands and models (in-house). As always with Any electronics we buy - We are the Guinea pigs... 'a short-eared, tailless rodent of the genus Cavia, usually white, black, and tawny, commonly regarded as the domesticated form of one of the South American ...' with a Roku remote in both hands..  er uh paws.

0 Kudos
Gripsz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

From what i can tell, The Channels that you Hide while it's on 10.5.0 Stay Hidden after the update/rollback. So, i found it a good time to Hide/Cleanup the channel listings on 1 other Roku TV  - Before they trigger it to update and turn off it's ability to Hide channels (in the guide). ~hint - clean up Your Guides before you Can't.

It wouldn't matter so much if the guide scrolling was a little faster (work on that roku Team). It's hard to navigate through so many channels they offer. i see now, it Was a major upgrade to have options edit/dejunk the guide on the fly. Maybe it will return soon, & with some other feature<s>. Until then, i'm going to say :

Thank You for bringing back the Green Signal Bars!

Nemo288
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip on cleaning up the OTA channel list.

There is a ton of streaming stuff in there I'll never use.

Can you unhide them in the older firmware?

0 Kudos
VernL4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm happy to report that my TV was "updated" back to version 10.0. I now have OTA channels again!