Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George22

Re: Antenna Signal After OS 10.5 update

Jump to solution

The signal strength meter on my TCL with Roku was working fine.  A few days ago (11/17/2021) the TV got an update. Now it shows one bar on all channels.

ThorGod59
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

If you can please post the model number and witch software # and built # so Roku will know.

0 Kudos
CitzenCain
Streaming Star

Re: Roku TV antenna reception

Jump to solution

The meter that gauges antenna TV reception on my TCL TV no longer works.

0 Kudos
CitzenCain
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same issue with my TCL 55R615 TV after update 10.5.0 build 4201-30 . Also while I rarely used it I can no longer screen mirror my laptop to the TV. May god strike me dead if I ever buy another TV that allows someone in California to experiment with my set. 

Update Shortly after posting screen mirroring started working signal meter still shows 1 bar.

gwalschl

Re: OTA signal shows only 1 bar

Jump to solution

With latest update now all my over-the-ir digital TV stations show as 1 bar of power level even though they were all 4 or 5 before the update. The channels appear strong picture wise, so I'm thinking new version broke the display of signal levels. This is again on ALL 40+ channels!

0 Kudos
JD8675309
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Im sure glad i have my ding-a-ling and my guitar to play with while my signal strength meter on my 60" tv with 300 channels and built in tv guide isn't working or else i might go completely insane living here in podunk.

0 Kudos
Cooper66
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

Thanks for that tip, thank you.

On another account I notice all the program information for the channel you were watching is available on your screen pic. I had that feature when the TV was new by pressing the OK button, and then STAR button, it would bring up a full description of what the tv show was about.  Not anymore.  However when I followed your instructions to disable, that feature came back.  While watching an OTA channel I hit the OK button, and then STAR button I was stunned.  Like you said the TV guide disappeared.  Well I reversed the change so I would get the TV guide back and the shortcut to program info disappeared with it.   There is another way to access program info but it does not work for all channels like the shortcut did. I miss the shortcut.

Thanks again your info was helpful to me.  I hope ROKU comes through with a fix soon.

Nemo288
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

"Home, Home, Home, Home, up right, down, up, left, right on your remote"

Holy Toledo!

How many button pushes did it take for you to discover that combination??

I'd wear out a remote battery or 2 before I hit on that one.

Maybe blow up the TV with some other secret combo. 🙂

RokuTV A113X

TCL 55R635

Serial # X003000CU9V0

Software 10.5.0 build 4201-88

And yes I still have no working signal strength meter for OTA channels.

0 Kudos
mkellogg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was so frustrated with the update and was browsing the internet and found a list of 'secret menu' settings for the Roku (I have the 43" TCL tv)  I'll copy and paste the rest in case you want to give them a try.  Good luck!

Here's the code to get to the secret menu screen 1:

Press the Home button five times, press the Fast Forward (FF) three times, press the Rewind (RW) button twice.

• This menu will allow you to factory reset, run a USB test, and update the server or software. Use this one at your own risk.

Secret menu screen 2:

Press Home five times, Up direction, RW twice, FF twice.

• This will reboot your Roku device.

Secret menu screen 3:

Press Home five times, Up, Down, Up, Down, Up.

•This code will bring up a secret Wi-Fi menu to see things like signal strength.

Secret menu screen 4:

Press Home five times, FF, Down, RW, Down, FF.

•This will give you access to a hidden antenna menu.

Secret menu screen 5:

Press Home five times, RW three times, FF twice.
•This will bring up a bit rate menu where you can see quality settings and set bitrates.

Secret menu screen 6:

Press Home three time, Up twice, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left.

•This code will give access to the channel info menu.

Secret menu screen 7:

Press Home three times, Up twice, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right.

•This will give you access to developer mode.

Secret menu screen 8:

Press Home five times, Up, Right, Down, Left, Up.

•This hidden screen will allow you to remove auto-pair, cycle screen shot, cycle ad-banner, log theme info.

Roku System Number and software edition:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

donobri

roku tv antenna . stop working ..

Jump to solution

i c lots of conversation on this topic but no answers  

soooooo whats the fix guys .. . y do they not fix the patch .. iam ready to pull the plug on this service .. or lack there of