Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThorGod59
Streaming Star

Re: OTA Signal Level Indicator Inaccurate after SW 10.5.0 Build 4201-30

Jump to solution

On your Guide, I get that as well if my internet goes down. Right know I have 3 new station's but the Guide is blank. The company that does the Guide has not have the information about the channels added to my market. 

0 Kudos
ThorGod59
Streaming Star

Re: Antenna Signal After OS 10.5 update

Jump to solution

TCL doesn't write the OS, Roku writes the OS. ROKU gives TCL the OS for free to put it on the TV'S. 

0 Kudos
Pedro123
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

"TCL doesn't write the OS, Roku writes the OS. ROKU gives TCL the OS for free to put it on the TV'S."

So how does that kernel of knowledge help us?

Roku monitors these forums so it's not like they don't know of the problem.

0 Kudos
ThorGod59
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Since my original post Roku has posted 3 times that the problem has been sent to the Software Engineers. I know that they are working on it because I received 3 more updates for my TV and soundbar in 3 weeks after I received 10.5. Just hang in there. 

0 Kudos
Pedro123
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

"Just hang in there. "

Been hanging in there for about a year and a half since I first reported this problem and worked with TCL engineer in CA.

Great product support.

0 Kudos
ThorGod59
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Like I said, TCL doesn't do the OS for the TV'S, Roku does. Talking to TCL techs won't help you on this. Only Roku can.

0 Kudos
Pedro123
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

"Like I said, TCL doesn't do the OS for the TV'S, Roku does. Talking to TCL techs won't help you on this. Only Roku can."

You don't know what you don't know. Original complaint and case number was with Roku, they are more than useless. After first denying my claim for help because I did not report within warranty period, and after informing them this problem occurred from an update just prior to my warranty expiring they agreed to fix.

They sent a service tech to replace my main board (not the problem). He was mostly useless in that he did not synchronize the new board completely. Problem still existed. Roku elevated the case to TCL engineer, who I worked with for about a month. He told Roku about the main board sync and to send a different tech. Roku sent the same tech sent who was just going to replace the board he already replaced. I told him to go away because the problem was not the board.

Back to the TCL engineer in CA who attempted to have me sync the board with his help but that did not work and he came to realization that this was a software issue as I had been saying all along!! He stated that Roku/TCL had no intension of fixing.

Roku customer support is USELESS!!!!!!

As are your comments.

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Re: ota signal strength indicator

Jump to solution

@ems2158

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information regarding the issue you are experiencing?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
Cooper66
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

(PROBLEM) Tv model TCL 65R615: I am experiencing the same antenna meter displaying one bar on every channel since the update and now I have pixel problems I did not have before.

I have removed the USB pause stick, tried the reset button (next to USB), tried different antennas, tried unplugging TV, tried for more updates from ROKU, and tried rescanning channels.

I thought about resetting TV to factory settings, however I believe the ROKU will just auto update its software immediately following that long task of entering all startup information.

I see I am not the only one with this problem.

Tags (1)
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

@VTHokie96 @SamIAm100 @cwcheese 

Thanks for the posts and providing us with the information that we have requested.

I have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team as they are currently investigating the issue.

Once more information is available, I'll be make sure to update the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator