Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericb06
Reel Rookie

Antenna Signal After OS 10.5 update

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with my Philips Roku TV.  Issue occurred after the software update to Roku version 10.5.  Roku support has been totally inadequate and unable to resolve the issue.      

Pedro123
Streaming Star

Re: Antenna Signal After OS 10.5 update

Jump to solution

I was working with a ROKU engineer in California but finally gave up as it was clear that ROKU was not going to fix this. It happened because of an update, but they won't fix it with an update.

Goodbye ROKU.

Sensiblecinema
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

They haven't fixed the TCL Roku TV problem with the backlight control stuck at 100% no matter where set or the local dimming which does nothing. All broken since this time last year because of "updates".

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ericb06

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information regarding the issue you are experiencing?

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pedro123
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Danny, don't think you can solve this. TCL/Roku has NO interest in fixing this. I tried for several months with a TCL engineer at head office. It can be solved but TCL has NO interest in solving it with software fix.

Obviously you are a new hire who thinks you can make a difference. 

ericb06
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Do you have an email address where I can send you this information?

0 Kudos
Pedro123
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

"With more detailed information we will be able to investigate further."

Danny, what makes you think "more detailed information" will spur TCL to fix this?

I worked for months directly with TCL trying to fix the software update that caused the dropped antenna signal after software update.

First tell me why your influence on TCL is so special that sending you more information will fix this.

0 Kudos
Nemo288
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I also have this problem with a brand new 55R635 OS 10.5 build 4181-88.

Off air TV signal strength shows one bar on all channels on several different antennae.

No way to tune the antenna.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ericb06 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Feel free to post this information in this thread, or if you feel more comfortable feel free to send me a PM with that information.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hemihunter

Re: Signal Strength Bars stopped working after Roku Channel downloaded on Antenna app.

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with my new TCL 43S435 Roku tv.  I downloaded the 10.5.0 update and did a channel search. While it seems to pull in channels great, every channel shows only a signal strength of 1 bar. Not sure of a solution to this but looks like I'm not the only one with this issue.

0 Kudos