Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakem016
Reel Rookie

[OS 10.5] Roku TV causing issues with network connectivity

I just bought a brand new TCL Roku TV model # 40S325.  Once I plugged it in it immediately detected by wifi network and updated to 10.5.  I then immediately lost all internet connectivity.  I actually bought the same model yesterday and the same thing happened so I exchanged the tv thinking it was defective.  Then today I called TCL and after going through all the troubleshooting steps they recommended that I return the model because it had a defective wireless chip lol. 

Anyway is there anyway to download 10.0 on to a USB and manually roll it back?  If not, is there any update on when there will be another update?  Fortunately I have a roku stick from my old tv that still works so it's still usable but obviously I'm not going to keep a smart tv that won't connect to the internet out of Roku brand loyalty if you're not going to fix these issues.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
nitab
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV causing issues with connectivity

I'm telling you I have been researching for at least 3 weeks. I can't find anything that works permanently. I did get a full refund from Roku, even for my channels. I loved this product pre update so I may just bite the bullet and purchase the expensive version, but I hate that I was bullied into it. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV causing issues with connectivity

@jakem016

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos