Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benedlr
Roku Guru

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV - Multiple channel issues and slowness after 10.5 update

Your 4201-30 build should still allow the signal strength bars to show. Next update defaults to one on all channels. My volume also reduced from the tv with the latest build. Was listening at 60+ for clarity. I bought their Roku wireless speakers to see if they made any difference. They did. Speech clarity with deep bass and my volume is at 17. Totally worth it but I wonder if I have been manipulated by some new nefarious sales technique. On a sound bar my best output was not on HDMI but optical. Might make a difference. 

0 Kudos
getjams
Reel Rookie

My TCL Roku TV got an auto update last night to a new build of 10.5 (build 4208-30) and it is now working fine. I had to do the rollback to 10.0 prior to last night's update.

0 Kudos
Xander777
Channel Surfer

Mine also updated. Everything is working again except for the signal strength meter on OTA channels which shows 1 for every channel.

0 Kudos
setohw
Reel Rookie

Same issues w/ 10.5 where I'm unable to connect to Wifi despite other devices easily connecting to it, and signal strength showing as excellent. I'm on 10.5.0 build 4201-93, and when I run the Update, it says I am current so I am unable to upgrade (or roll back). Had to carry tv close to router and run a LAN cable to even get a connection.

#TCL 55S435

0 Kudos

Model 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number- X01600XMXL06(S07P216MXL06)

Software ver 10.5.0. build 4207 -CR

ID 06-494-138. I paid for United Kingdom Entertainment channel. I have been charged 3 time but it's not opening, keeps asking me to subscribe. Thank you

0 Kudos
Ca8
Reel Rookie

Hi. I'm having the same issues after update. can you tell me who can I send an email to (PM)?

Can you tell me how to do the rollback? I wasted a lot of time on this too. I bought new power cords and HDMI cords as well. I knew it had to do with the update. It happened right after they updated it. It has been working fine for the last 11 months. I would appreciate any information you can share. Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Ca8

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ca8
Reel Rookie

Hi again,

This started happening after the last update in December of 2021. I haven't been able to watch ROKU since then.

I never had an issue before. 

The HDCP keeps coming up as soon as I try to watch any channel.  I actually bought new HDMI cables and new power supply cords because I tried everything, everyone said and nothing worked. Roku powers up, I click on say...HBO. it goes to HBO, lets me click on the show, then I immediately get the black HDCP screen. it does the same thing with every channel. I've tried everything. I just bought a new ROKU. It did the same thing except it worked while installing, then it did the update, then the black HDCP screen again. What else could I try? It has to be the update,right? 

Nothing else changed. Please help. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Ca8

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos