Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Badgerfan3
Binge Watcher

[OS 10.5] Roku TV - Multiple channel issues and slowness after 10.5 update

I have a Roku TV 7301X, serial number YN007D762249, software version 10.5.0 build 4201-31

Netflix plays fine but Hulu/Philo/Disney+/Amazon Video are not working. Hulu gives me a Network Error and says check connection. Philo launches but bumps me back to its Home Screen when I try to play something. Disney+ gives an Error 42 and tells me to check connection. Prime Video just gives gibberish in other languages and eventually a connection error in English.

This will be my third weekend without full use of my subscription channels on my Roku TV and I’m very frustrated. Lots of loyal customers are in the same boat and we need this fixed.

38 REPLIES 38
Badgerfan3
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV - Multiple channel issues and slowness after 10.5 update

Any update on this? My Roku tv has been down for a week now … the only channel that works is Netflix! Not sure what to do.

jculv002
Reel Rookie

Same issue here with a Sharp 7225X.  I'm on 10.5.0 build 4201-38.  I can run Netflix just fine.  Youtube is very slow to load along with Motortrend.  Disney+, Hulu, and Amazon will not run and give me network errors.  My other Roku sticks are working just fine.  They are running on 10.0.0.  

Resetting the router will allow me to access Hulu, but temporarily.  If I leave Hulu and watch Youtube for a while, I lose access to Hulu. 

Hopefully Roku gets this fixed soon or I'll be acquiring me some firesticks.   

0 Kudos
Badgerfan3
Binge Watcher

If anyone is brave enough to attempt a full factory reset, please let us know how it goes in this thread. I’m about to hit my third weekend without access to channels I want … air dropping stuff off my phone has been a band-aid solution but it’s a pain.

0 Kudos
jculv002
Reel Rookie

I reset my Sharp Roku TV to factory defaults. Same issues. I could try and see if I can disable updates and try again. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Badgerfan3 @jculv002 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Badgerfan3
Binge Watcher

I have a Roku TV 7301X, serial number YN007D762249, software version 10.5.0 build 4201-31

Netflix plays fine but Hulu/Philo/Disney+/Amazon Video are not working. Hulu gives me a Network Error and says check connection. Philo launches but bumps me back to its Home Screen when I try to play something. Disney+ gives an Error 42 and tells me to check connection. Prime Video just gives gibberish in other languages and eventually a connection error in English.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Badgerfan3

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post for all of the information that we will need to further investigate the issue.

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Badgerfan3
Binge Watcher

image.jpg

421D718D-4DB6-47B9-BB66-098457F2DD48.jpeg

Channels I’m unable to access include  Hulu (version 6.54 build 1), Disney+ (version 1.17 build 2021110300), Philo (version 1.42 build 0) and Prime (version 12.0 build 2021090212). The only channel I use frequently that is working fine is Netflix.

jculv002
Reel Rookie

Danny,  

thanks for looking into this. 

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version 

Sharp 7225X, LC-55LBU711U, JXD95P968339, 10.5.0 build 4201-38

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel?

Channels with Network Errors and will not function

Hulu: v6.53 build 3

Prime Video: v12.0 build 2021090212

Disney+: v1.17 build 2021110300

Channel functions but is slow

Youtube: v2.20 build 93005146

Motortrend: v6.19 build 1

Channel functions normally 

Netflix: v5.1 build 98079461

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

39-455-002 Hulu

39-455-005 Prime

39-455-006 Disney+

-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

attempted a network reset- same issues

attempted a full factory reset - same issues

resetting the router allows Hulu to work. However, once I use a different channel I receive a network error again.