Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeKC4G
Binge Watcher

[OS 10.5] Roku TV Live TV Guide shows "NO DATA"

I have a Samsung ROKU TV that has worked very well for well over a year and a half.  Last week (November 3, 2021) it took an update to Software Version 10.5.0, Build 4168.  Since that has happened, the TV guide function on the antenna TV input has quit working...shows no data. 

Also, on the ROKU channel, the Live TV Guide for the streaming channels shows "NO DATA" also and indicates that I'm not connected to the network.  I checked this and it is, in fact, connected. 

I've tried numerous things as suggested here in the community such as re-booting my network router, doing a system restart, changing the zip code, etc.  None of these has worked.  Last night I spent about an hour on the chat with a couple of agents (well, at least 25 minutes of that was just waiting to get someone).  He had me try all of those things again.  It's still not working properly. 

And, in addition to that, all of the other services like Sling, BritBox, Acorn, Starz, etc. are very slow to respond.  It even takes sometimes several seconds to change channels on the antenna input.

I'm annoyed, frustrated and baffled as to what to do next.  If there was a function to roll back to an earlier software version, I would do that.  But - that's not even an option in the upgrade function.  The agent told me last night he would refer it to Engineering and that I would get an email.  So - I'm waiting and getting more and more angry all the while.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV Live TV Guide shows "NO DATA"

@JoeKC4G

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue for you.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JoeKC4G
Binge Watcher

Danny: 

ROKU TV 7224X

Sharp Model LC-50LBU711U

Software 10.0.0 Buidl 4198-38

Device ID JWD951639266

Serial Number YN001W639266

Tracker ID 66-450-628 (No Information in Live TV Guide)

Tracker ID 66-450-626 (Unable to Launch STARZ)

https://youtu.be/KZ3AYimPADs This is a link to YouTube showing the failure to launch STARZ

https://youtu.be/hEoYEoYkAjs This is a link to a video showing the extremely slow operation.

I was in a chat with an agent named Venkat about these issues on Friday night.  He should have notes. The Support Ticket was #5000847.  I heard no more so I have another ticket opened as well via the ROKU Support Website.  That ticket is #5015918

Please - someone needs to resolve this ASAP.  I'm paying for Sling, BritBox, Acorn and STARZ and they are virtually unusable (or, at least I can't depend on them to work).

0 Kudos
JoeKC4G
Binge Watcher

Danny:

Following up on my response to you yesterday (11/9/2021).  Last night I took the update to software version 10.5.0 build 4201-38.  Checked everything this morning and there's really been no change.  Still very slow, still really intermittent in launching STARZ, etc., still no TV Guide info on either over-the-air or on ROKU Live TV Guide.  So - take a look at those Youtube videos and the screenshots...that's still what it's doing.  I'm still looking for a resolution or a rollback to a known good version.

0 Kudos
JoeKC4G
Binge Watcher

Danny:  Another note following up on this issue.  After taking the 10.5.0 Build 4201 update this morning, I noticed that the download speed on my network was only 39Mbps.  I have been accustomed to seeing speeds in the 75 - 77Mbps range.  I did several resets on the network but it never showed any higher speed.  So - I wired it directly to the network router and set up the wired network.  My download speed now showed 85Mbps.  Regardless - the operation of the TV was still messed up...slow, failure to launch STARZ, no TV Guide, messed up signal strength meter.  Time to get us an option to roll back to a known good version.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JoeKC4G

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos