Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Milly1
Reel Rookie

[OS 10.5] Picture quality of TV since the latest update

I have two Roku tvs.  Both purchased within the last year and one being a TCL 6 series. (65 inch).  Picture quality had been excellent until the 10.5 update in November. I also updated it to the latest version since then.  Internet speed is not an issue as I have 5g.  Since the update Hulu, ESPN, and Netflix are unwatchable.  The picture is grainy, blurry and actually makes you feel sick if you watch it for too long. The update also changed all of the color settings which makes no sense. I can no longer watch sports as you can not even see the football being thrown with the picture quality being so awful. While watching the NBA games the players are pixilated to the point it feels like you're watching a Nintendo game from the late 80's.  I have already posted once about this with no luck. The employee stated the issues had been corrected and the thread was closed. This does not help me at all as I am now watching TV and sports on my laptop. I would love for Roku to provide me with a rollback to an earlier update or refund me for my two televisions.  

-Very unsatisfied, longtime customer.

11 REPLIES 11
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] Picture quality of TV since the latest update

@Milly1

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Colwilson
Channel Surfer

I am having the same issue. Is there a fix for this?

0 Kudos
Colwilson
Channel Surfer

20211217_190108.jpg

Screenshot_20211217-190744_Gallery.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Colwilson

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information about the issue you are experiencing? What exactly is the issue you are seeing and can you provide the steps to reproduce? Have you tried restarting both your router and your TV? In addition, can you provide us with the make and model of the Roku TV?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Colwilson
Channel Surfer

Sharp

Roku to 7233x

SN YN0039750043

Software version 10.5.0 build 4210-40

Distorted video 

Reset router and TV. Did factory reset. Unplugged tv for 4 days. See image.20211220_181108.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Colwilson

Thanks for the follow up.

Does this issue happen on a specific channel or do you see this video quality on all channels?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Colwilson
Channel Surfer

This happens on all channels, apps, and game systems. Home is clear and vivid. Anytime any video plays, it choppy and distorted. Please assist this have been going on for a couple of weeks. My tv is completely useless at this point. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Colwilson

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Colwilson
Channel Surfer

Is there an update yet?

0 Kudos