Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DigitalFirefly
Channel Surfer

[OS 10.5] Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

I’m having smoothing when smoothing is turned off too. Started with last update on everything I watch.

Model - tcl 55r635

Sn not comfortable posting it in public forum

Version - 10.5 build 4210-88

Device id - s05ey14a181c

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Maxime64
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 10.5] Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

Hi, 

Please response to the Roku employee. We are too many to have this problem so you can help all of us.

Thank you ! 

0 Kudos
retro
Binge Watcher

Hi @RokuDanny-R,

Yes, I started this thread a while back. Despite the many OS upgrades since then, the problem still persists. It’s the exact same problem I’ve been having since the beginning. Despite having all motion smoothing features in the OFF position, I still get light smoothing on certain motion.

Here’s the current info on my television

Roku TV: 7138X

TCL model: 75R617-CA

Serial number: YS00GX675452

Software version: 10.5.0 build 4210-30

Device ID: L4V9AG675452

I can’t really “screen shot” motion interpolation issues, so try to use your imagination : )

Thanks

0 Kudos
retro
Binge Watcher

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

@Maxime64 

I’ve just responded. Hopefully they can help but I wouldn’t hold your breath

Maxime64
Binge Watcher

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

@retroThank you 😊 I thinking about returning my tv at Best Buy because I got some DSE (this lottery is giving me headaches 😔) and the motion smoothing. 

Brand new tv and already got this problems. I think seriously that the motion smoothing problem is from Roku os for sure. I don’t understand why they do not test completely before push the update! This is so bad. 

0 Kudos
Edge_B
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue. It is a 65S535-CA that I purchased in August. The issue started after about a month. It is not always noticeable but it seems to show up more when there is depth of filed situation and it it shows in the background. I have tried factory reset, recycling on / off, unplugging, pulling other components that are plugged in, altering picture settings, different network connections, DVR, Playstation, and USB sources. But the motion sync seems to show up regardless and I'd say if Motion smoothing is on, it seems more noticeable. It is not always noticeable so I assume it happens sporadically based upon some specific circumstance. I just cannot pinpoint what that is.  I am running currently on OS 10.5 but it also happened on previous release. I am currently leaving Motion Smoothing turned off.

For me it is not so annoying that I have to switch TVs. But at this point, this will be my one and only TCL device unless the issue is fixed within the next few months.

Maxime64
Binge Watcher

@Edge_B  I have the same tv ! 65S535-CA.

I juste chat with the TCL support and they give my generic response and troubleshooting. This is so frustrating.

The roku team are slow to response but REALLY FAST to push updates that are not fully tested. Please rollback to the last stable update. 

0 Kudos
Edge_B
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the tip Maxine64.

I agree with the frustration factor.

Hope the rollback makes a difference. I will post once I do it and have a few days to observe impact.

Cheers. 

0 Kudos
Shadarap

I thought it was just me when watching HDR shows through Amazon Prime, but now I tried an HDR show from my Plex app on Enabled TVL and motion smoothing is blatantly obvious, even though it's turned off.

This is frustrating. I will definitely not buy another TV with Roku inside of they can't even give the decency to reply to threads like this.

Software version: 10.5.0

Build: 4210-30

Issue ID: 26-031-553

Tv model: 7120 - Roku TV

0 Kudos
Edge_B
Reel Rookie

Hello. An update on the rollback.

When you do a rollback, the only way to get there is a factory reset which I did. However as soon as you connect the TV to the internet, it does an automatic software upgrade. I am back at OS 10.5 and have the same issue.

Contacted TCL support and they confirmed that this is the process.

So I am in the same position and TCL has not confirmed that the smoothing issue is related to the OS software. They also did not offer up any recognition of the issue or options to deal with it, so far. 

I have started looking for another TV, as an aside.

0 Kudos