Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benedlr
Roku Guru

OS 10.5 Home screen issue - need help

Jump to solution

Roku TV A109X

Model 55R625

Version 10.5.0 build 4174-88

This was difficult to type due to my current problem. I complained the last update made station logos oversized and only showed an hour and a half of the viewing guide. Now I have a half hours choice because the guide is shown in split screen, as in down the middle. Home is half on one side half on the other. Same with viewing guide and info bar when changing channels. Restarts have no effect. Does no one preview the updates? Please, Roku, address this annoying glitch as soon as possible. Question: why do speakers need "updating"?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Benedlr
Roku Guru

Re: OS 10.5 Home screen issue - need help

Jump to solution

I did the unplug/reset dance and that fixed the problem. I now have control of my TV set...until the next update.

My other TCL/Roku just received an up date and wouldn't you know, no program info and a long time lag between commands. Ended up doing a reset as well to fix the issue. 

I remember when on and off was all the interaction needed for a TV.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Benedlr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This is too good. I reread my previous post and saw where I mentioned the next fix would probably be a vertical TV listing guide as that would be annoying. The buggers went me one better with a half screen. Now I'm afraid to list my serial no. as I think it's personal.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Benedlr 

Thanks for the post.

We would be happy to investigate the issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide us with photo of what you are seeing so we can better understand the issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Benedlr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I did the unplug/reset dance and that fixed the problem. I now have control of my TV set...until the next update.

My other TCL/Roku just received an up date and wouldn't you know, no program info and a long time lag between commands. Ended up doing a reset as well to fix the issue. 

I remember when on and off was all the interaction needed for a TV.