Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jnawrocki
Reel Rookie

[OS 10.5] Dynamic Contrast and Game Mode

TCL 4 series 65".

It auto updated straight to 10.5.0 and this UI is horrible.  Local dynamic contrast is completely disabled in game mode now!

This TV is right next to a TCL 5 series Roku 65" running 10.0.0, which allows dynamic  contrast off, low, medium, or high while game mode is on.

There is no comparison between the two, since one has low dynamic contrast during game mode and the other is off.  Can this be rolled back to 10.0.0?  Absolutely horrible, dull image without dynamic contrast.  

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
ewoked
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 10.5] Dynamic Contrast and Game Mode

I have the same problem and to this day they still do not solve it!

0 Kudos
ewoked
Binge Watcher

It happens to me too, I have a 32-inch roku onn tv and the video stutters in game mode, is there any solution today?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jnawrocki @ewoked 

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look into the issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-photo/video of the issue you are experiencing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ewoked
Binge Watcher

Problem: stuttering in game mode on all HDMI's console (PS4, Xbox Series X)

Roku TV 8821X

Serial number: YK00DS280302

Device ID: 38R00D280302

Software versión: 10.5.0 build 4201-AS

The issue occurs only game mode is on

Issue report tracker

Modelo 8821X - Roku TV

Serial number: YK00D5280302(38R00D280302)

Software versión: 10.5.0 build 4201-AS

Time stamp: 2021-11-19 T00:06:4 6Z

Please use issue ID 02-463-686 to report the current issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ewoked

Thanks for providing us with your information

I have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
R-R-R
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny, I am having a similar issue as the those listed above. At times my TV will randomly dim or brighten as if it was an auto-brightness setting causing it. I have only noticed this since yesterday and my TV updated on the 16th. And assuming this most recent update brought about this new U.I (as I have not seen it prior to yesterday) I would also assume it's disabling of dynamic contrast during gaming mode is the issue. I primarily use the tv for gaming so game mode is always on. With gaming mode off (and dynamic contrast on) I have been unable to recreate the issue. So again I think it is the issue of not being able to have both on at once or the update did something else that is causing the issue. I also believe with gaming mode on and local contrast on my tv at times is unnaturally brighter and then it adjust to a dimmer more normal looking brightness and color. If the issue persists I will factory reset the tv but I am really hoping you can fix it instead. 

0 Kudos
Jnawrocki
Reel Rookie

I returned the Roku piece of junk.  It is unusable for gaming in its current state.  I bought the new version of this same TV  - the Google variant.  Wow you guys, the menus for customizing image is amazing.  I 100% recommend the Android Google TCL over the Roku.  The hassle just isn't worth it.  Roku takes months to fix basic issues. Hope this helps some of you. 

0 Kudos
R-R-R
Reel Rookie

Hi Roku, 

You guys fixed the problem by offering an update which reverted my T.V back to the old OS (which fixed the problem). Now once again you guys auto updated my television back to 10.5 without even fixing the problem with 10.5 so I am experiencing the same issues as listed above. Please offer and update that reverts it back to an old OS once more and is there any way I can turn off auto update as this is becoming very frustrating to deal with. 

ewoked
Binge Watcher

Please Roku support fix yje problem!!!!

0 Kudos