Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brado23
Channel Surfer

Re: OS 10.0 still didn’t fix Live TV menu

My Insignia Roku from 2017-18, with version 10.0.0, 4213-49 still only shows "Filter" or "Cancel" when I navigate as you describe.  Could be the age of the equipment?

0 Kudos
streaming_fan
Roku Guru

Mine has it now.  🙂  

I have:
4800X Roku Ultra player
OS 10.0.0 build 4209-C2

It now says:

"Channel Options
Hide this channel
Manage Channels
Filter
Close"

Thanks, Roku! Looking forward to trying it out.  

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Brado23 

I am not exactly sure how Roku rolls out its updates.  You would think it would be by build number or device, but I think it may be pushed to some users on the build before being pushed to everyone on the same build number (just in case it breaks something, not everyone is affected).  This is my guess, though.  Very little info on updates publicly known, but many theories exist.  Sounds from your build that you have an actual Insignia RokuTV, not an Insignia TV with a seperate Roku device, right?

@streaming_fan 

Still waiting for my Ultra 4660x and 3921+ Premiere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Brado23
Channel Surfer

That's correct; its an Insignia Roku smart tv, from Best Buy in early 2018.  And it would be logical that my version (4213-49) is newer than yours, correct?  Who knows what their protocols are.  I spent 15 mins in a chat...they suggested I contact the manufacturer. HA!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Brado23 

Yeah, I don't think the manufacturer is going to help.  It is an OS update.  My Insignia RokuTV is a 24" 8401X (Roku Model Number), NS-24DR220NA18 (Insignia Model Number), and was manufactured 3/2018. (Also purchased at Best Buy).  It currently has OS 10.0.0 build 4213-49.

Maybe try the manual system update.

Settings...System...System Update..Check Now (press ok).

Otherwise, I think it will eventually hit yours.  May occur with a different build number (that 49 number) or you may just wake up one morning and have it.  I don't think there is anything wrong with your TV, I just think it hasn't been released to you yet. (Again, my best guess).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
streaming_fan
Roku Guru

@AvsGunnar "Still waiting for my Ultra 4660x and 3921+ Premiere." - Curious.  

@Brado23 Plex TV already has it.  As a temporary fix, you could watch live channels on Plex TV until Roku gets around to pushing their update to your device.

Plex - personalize channels.jpg

0 Kudos
Brado23
Channel Surfer

Thanks Gunner; perspective & info takes the edge off the frustration.  Will post if/when it shows.

0 Kudos
Brado23
Channel Surfer

Streaming Fan, thanks, never heard of it, but will gladly look into Plex.

0 Kudos
Persephone
Channel Surfer

Plex is not that great, imo, unless you really want to view movies & etc, stored on your computer. 

If you really want an individualized live TV grid from a free streaming service, try Pluto or Tubi.

However, the OP was asking about the Roku live TV grid, which is generally easier to access than those from other streaming services one may have on their Roku device. I like that I can easily move directly from my OTA channels to the Roku streamed ones. I'm just not that interested in most of the channels on it.

0 Kudos