Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcaropreso
Binge Watcher

OS 10.0 still didn’t fix Live TV menu

I was really hoping the OS 10.0 update would bring back the live TV favorites option but it seems like nothing has changed

I have hidden the streaming channels and only have antenna channels showing. Checking the “recents” option is always empty. 

Am I missing something? I can’t tell any improvement in this update

18 REPLIES 18
streaming_fan
Roku Guru

Re: OS 10.0 still didn’t fix Live TV menu

favorites.jpg

Today, I received an email saying that the Live TV Channel Guide now has a favorites list (see photo, above).  I looked and looked but can't find it.  My Roku Ultra 4800x has OS 10.0.0 build 4195-C2, if that helps.  Do I have the correct OS version?  Should I be able to see the favorites list now?  If yes, how to make the favorites list appear?  Thank you in advance.  

asdf

EACalhoun
Binge Watcher

I have a Roku Streambar and had been hearing about a "favorites list" for the Roku Channel grid guide. I have been thinking this was a feature ONLY for those with a Roku TV. However, a "help" video in the Roku blog section - https://www.roku.com/blog/roku-os-10 - indicates this feature is available on Roku devices in addition to Roku TVs, as it gave steps on how to get to the Roku Channel and then the "Live TV Channel Guide". In addition to creating "favorites", one can also hide undesired channels in the grid guide. The ONLY feature I (still) have is toggling between ALL and RECENT channels. 

Persephone
Channel Surfer

I'm having the same problem with my 2 TCL Roku TVs. The only option I have for the Live TV streaming channels is to Hide All of them, which is not what I want. I want to be able to selectively hide only the channels I don't want to watch. OS 10 updated in May, but it is not doing what Roku says it should be able to do.

0 Kudos
streaming_fan
Roku Guru

Plex - personalize channels.jpg

Well, Plex TV let's you do it.  Hide live channels you don't want to see, list the visible ones in any order you like.  C'mon, Roku.  Waitin' on you.  

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Seems like the latest update on my Insignia RokuTV (OS10.0.0 build 4209-49) has finally instituted the promised and anticipated Live TV Hide Channel and Favorite Channels Features/Options. 

When in the Live TV section of the Roku Channel, navigate all the way to the left of the Guide (Channel Name and Number) and press the * button You should now be presented with Channel Options (Favorite/Unfavorite the Channel, Hide this Channel, Manage Channels, Filter, and Close)

Quite nice and seems to works as promised.  Should save a lot of time from scrolling through unwatched or unwanted channels many Roku users have been asking for.  Also nice you can switch from Favorites to All rather effortlessly using the Filter option.  Nice improvement to the Live TV Guide.

I am sure that those that choose to have the Roku Channel LiveTV integrated with their OTA LiveTV guide should be especially happy to not have to scroll through all those extra channels.

Still unavailable for my Ultra and Premiere devices so not sure when coming to the actual devices or if just not yet released for my specific devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

dcaropreso
Binge Watcher

Still a fairly bootleg solution.  On my RokuTV, I can chose the favorites which is nice, but it doesn't let me chose that as a default, which would be better

So if I'm looking at my favorites on LiveTV and then decide to watch some Netflix, when I come back to LIveTV, it's back to all channels and not favorites

Hopefully this will continue to evolve.  The best iteration was the most frequently watched option in the past and Roku has moved backwards with all of this

AvsGunnar

@dcaropreso 

I actually think that might be intentional and not an oversight.  A viewer will never see any new content or channels added to the lineup if they are always in their Favorites.  The best you are going to do is to be able to "Hide" those Channels you don't want when "All" is loaded.

I understand your point, but I am also anticipating that some will be also be disappointed that they are limited to only one (1) Favorites, and not separate Favorites for each member of their household.  I am also not sure yet whether the Favorites will be device specific or shared across the linked Account. (Not yet able to test as only available on my RokuTV.)

If you are accustomed to the old way of navigating the Live TV channels, one or two *button presses to enter Favorites or Recents sure beats the repeated up and down arrow presses to navigate the plethora of Channels in the Guide. (I, for one, am not complaining about the sheer number of channels, but definitely appreciate this improvement in navigating them.) 

EACalhoun
Binge Watcher

What is most frustrating about STILL not having the Favorites or Hide Channels ability on my Streambar or Streaming Stick +? The deception...I have these "New Features" advertised on my Roku homescreen yet there is no distinction that some of these features are - still - only available on certain devices. The "new features video" - clips attached - leads the customer to believe it's available on ANY device.

Home screen showing "New Features" advertisement video link.Home screen showing "New Features" advertisement video link.Clip from "New Features" tutorial showing new Live Guide featuresClip from "New Features" tutorial showing new Live Guide features 

AvsGunnar

@EACalhoun 

I will be sure to post an update if and when this update hits my Ultra and Premiere devices.  Different devices get different updates at different times.  I normally see all of my devices start to get update availability within a week or two of each other.  I usually do a manual update every couple of days to my other devices when I notice a build update has hit one of them.  I don't rely on the automatic update even though it says it checks daily.

Would appreciate if you do the same with your Streambar and Streaming Stick if you can let us know.