Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ONN Soundbar 32 Voice Announcement

Jump to solution

@Jtolley 

No one said you have to have a Roku remote, in fact most of this thread is me getting to the point this ISN"T a roku device AT ALL!!! This is Roku forum, we deal in Roku devices, a non-Roku Onn soundbar in a blue box isn't one of them. So do google search by the soundbar's model number, not simply roku soundbar, onn soundbar, be specific!! See if you can find a way to turn off the notifications. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Jtolley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was specific in my search . I didnt come to you for help I was just pointing out the fact you are acting like a complete idiot to people that are right and just because it isn't what you have they are not wrong and when it says roku on the box it does confuse some people and then there are ass **bleep**s like you that don't kbow what they are talking about so you just attack them when you are the one thats wrong .  

0 Kudos
Jtolley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

And it clearly says roku on the box thats the only reason these people are buying it . You are such a ass !!!!

Jtolley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

And it clearly says it is a roku device on the box . So thats why we came to the roku page for help .

notdlaw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My soundbar does that too. I’ve been trying to figure out how to turn it off. It’s aggravating 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@notdlaw

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Are you using a Roku Soundbar or a non Roku Soundbar?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
notdlaw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My onn soundbar does the same thing. It says power on, hdmi snd it says power off

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @notdlaw

We're here to help!

Does the voice only announce the powering on and off of your soundbar? If yes, please be advised that each Roku Soundbar manufacturer provides support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. We suggest contacting them to see if they have any additional settings or options within their device that may disable the voice announcements. 

You can reach them here: Customer support | onn.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
loroto

Jump to solution

Go to

settings >control other devices>standby and uncheck to turn that feature off

notdlaw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did anyone find the answer to this ? I have a Hisense tv with an onn soundbar. When I turn my tv off and on it says out loud “ power on” or power off. Can I turn this function off ?

0 Kudos