Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ONN Soundbar 32 Voice Announcement

Jump to solution

You say when you power off the soundbar it tells you it? Roku soundbars don't have power keys! On its remote there is tv power key only. 

From the pictures on the walmart site the 32" Soundbar in the blue box has four keys at the end of it? One looks like power, along with mute, - & + for volume, roku soundbars have no keys on them at all, does your's Here is the Onn Roku remote:

P1000109 (2).JPG

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Novara4377
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ok if I’m wrong on the box my bad! But yes this has 4 keys on it. I use the Roku remote shut the tv off and turn on. It also turns on Soundbar. The Soundbar does come with a remote too. 

0 Kudos
Novara4377
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I only use the Roku  remote to turn system on and off: with the Roku TV remote. 

0 Kudos
Novara4377
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That is the remote I have with

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

You do NOT have that remote, if you own a Roku tv, that remote is useless without outboard roku like a ultra, express, or real roku soundbar. So your brand of roku tv is ONN? You roku tv remote has written on it Onn Roku TV, not Onn Roku like the one I linked too. 

This voice it can't be just saying the soundbar is off, it has to be telling you every move you make with roku tv remote, go into the roku tv settings> accessibility> scroll down to Screen reader> off

Edmund

0 Kudos
Novara4377
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

First off you are wrong. Second you are wrong again. If you aren’t gonna help and just continue address me this way. Go somewhere else. Because yes whenever i shut it off it say “

powdr off” when I turn on it says “power on” that’s it! I think I would know. And I have the remote in the picture. So we can start over or be done .

36CA2CDD-E527-437C-A398-5C30850F372A.jpeg

Same! 

Jeremyh1

Jump to solution

This narrating "feature" is so annoying! I can't find anywhere to disable it. It comes only from the sound bar powering on, powering off, or changing input. Blue box from Walmart, $29 holiday sale.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

@Jeremyh1 wrote:

This narrating "feature" is so annoying! I can't find anywhere to disable it. It comes only from the sound bar powering on, powering off, or changing input. Blue box from Walmart, $29 holiday sale.

Which absolutely not a roku device, so look up the soundbar model number on line add pdf to a google search, found out if you can turn this off or not. Yes this would bother me too.

Edmund

0 Kudos
Novara4377
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I looked up number and still can’t find anything on it. About to head to the store and find out. Cause it’s almost to the point that I would a get a new one 

Jtolley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You are so wrong I have the same sound bar and have the same problem.  It works with the regular remote perfectly but it tells you tv off tv on so you are so full of **bleep**  you dont have to have th onn/ roku remote