Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sbc16

Not updating or showing anything on screen

Only showing onn roku tv logo and time. I’ve tried to reset with the remote and reset button on the back of my roku tv. What do I do? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not updating or showing anything on screen

@Sbc16 

Are you able to post a screenshot of what you are seeing? (Upload photo using the little camera/photos icon above near the link/chain icon).

Generally a factory reset is last resort (press and hold the reset button for 30+ seconds or until TV screens enters reset mode), but can try a couple other things first.

See if remote is issue. (Use new batteries or the Roku mobile app available in Play/Apple Stores)

Unplug unit for 10-15 min. (Normally a couple of mins is long enough, but 10-15 is recommended to dissipate any heat related issues).

If TV won't boot to the main Home screen or last used Input, normally not a good sign and factory reset is probably your best shot. (Assuming here you have a Onn RokuTV and not a Onn TV with a Roku device attached.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos