Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sshell78
Reel Rookie

Not enough room to play YouTube

Yesterday I watched YouTube on my TCL model 43S423 Roku TV 7128X .  Today I get a Message YouTube can’t be played because there is not enough room and I should delete channels. I had not added any new channels but I deleted like 30 of them anyway.  It still won’t play getting same message.  Deleted YouTube app.  Factory Reset TV audio and picture settings. Downloaded YouTube.  Same message.  I see this is an ongoing issue with the stick but can’t find any info on TVs.  Either way FIX IT ROKU.  

3 REPLIES 3
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: Not enough room to play YouTube

Go to your tv's home>settings>system>system-update screen. That should tell you when the tv's software was last updated. If that date coincides with when the problem began, then you've experienced another untested Roku update.

There are some other reports of this problem:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/TCL-ROKU-4K-TV-INSUFFICIENT-SPACE/m-p/653448#M15970

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Roku-TV-Netflix-app-Install-error-quot-Not-enough-space-to...

They'll probably all be merged together, and you guys asked to provide details about your tvs (which will be passed along, and you'll never hear anything again -- as the problem continues to be reported a year from now.).

You might try a system>advanced factory reset (if you haven't already. There are separate network and picture/audio resets. But, there is a full factory reset too.). I've seen a couple posts saying there is a flaw in Roku's software which allows [something like] shared libraries to cause uninstalling an app from really uninstalling it. The specific example involved YouTube and YouTubeTV. You have to uninstall both, then system>power>restart, then add one [or both] back for a problem to be resolved.

If you end up left behind by Roku's untested updates, you can spend $30 on an external streaming box. Watch streaming through HDMI. The URC-7935 looks like a good universal/learning remote to control both the tv & external streaming box. (I've got one on the way, with an Amazon Firestick Lite. I plan to try this with one of my two regrettable Roku TVs.).

At that point, you could do a factory reset & tell the setup you don't have internet. Then you'll be protected from Roku's future updates. (There's no reason to be exposed to that if you're streaming through a different device.). It seems like a win/win all the way around. (I'm hoping so. My Firestick and remote arrive in a few days. I'm using an external TV tuner on my other regrettable Roku TV that's setup without internet. It feels good to be "consciously uncoupled" from an ungrateful partner.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Lilamish

Same thing here  and I am livid. NEVER had such a problem. Every channel I try to run gives me the same error. I have deleted many channels already.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Lilamish

Thanks for the post.

After removing any unused channels, have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device before checking to see if the issue is resolved?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos