Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keenilys
Channel Surfer

Not Finding Roku Wireless Speakers On Roku TV

Just purchased new Roku wireless speakers and my Roku will not even find them. Are both speakers supposed to say the pairing instructions? After it fails pairing and I exit one speaker gives the pairing instructions but I have never heard the other. Additionally one speaker has one long flash every 2 seconds or so and they other one has 2 quick ones. Is the speaker done or is this something I'm messing up? Thanks

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Not Finding Roku Wireless Speakers On Roku TV

I have a 65” TCL Roku TV with the Wireless Speakers and Subwoofer. They work awesome. If you follow the instructions it works just fine. I did mine one at a time. Only plug 1 speaker in. Then press the Home button on your Roku remote for 5 seconds. The pairing menu will pop up. Follow the prompts. You may need to press the reset button on your speakers. Did you read this link?

https://support.roku.com/article/360006911394

0 Kudos
keenilys
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the reply.

Doing them one by one didn't seem to be able to find either speaker, when I tried first today it looked like it found one but failed to find the other. Wifi is connected just checked for updates, I've unplugged everything for 10 minutes and tried again as well as resetting the speakers multiple times but not much seems to help. Have also moved them in different parts of the room including right under the tv and that wasn't working either. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong because it just fails searching every time. I've tried everything on the help page including new batteries in the remote

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

You are doing something wrong unfortunately. Batteries in your remote aren’t this issue. Restart your tv for starters. Unplug both speakers. Once your TV is back up hold the home button down for 5 seconds. This will bring up the pairing menu. Plug one speaker in. Hold the reset button (not pairing button) on the speaker for 10 seconds. Did you follow the troubleshooting page? Here is the link

https://support.roku.com/article/360011606153

When I setup my subwoofer I had to reset it. It failed twice while trying to update it. After that it worked. Believe me it works. 

0 Kudos
keenilys
Channel Surfer

Thanks.

I tried doing it like that earlier but gave it a shot again and it still can't even locate the speakers one by one. I tried everything on the troubleshooting page, restarted and unplugged the tv a few times and tried plugging in the speakers one by one and resetting them but it will not even be able to find the first one despite which one is plugged in, just very confused

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@keenilys  Are you pressing the pairing button or the reset button on the speaker? Hold the reset button for 10 seconds and release it. Wait for the speaker to reboot. 

https://youtu.be/U8WZwQEQ-Is

0 Kudos
keenilys
Channel Surfer

Yes it's the little reset button underneath the pair button correct? It flashes a few times when I hold it for 10 seconds and then seems to reboot but the tv still isn't able to find them 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@keenilys 

If you are still having issues, try rebooting the RokuTV immediately after it fails to pair. (Settings/System/Power/System Restart).  

Hopefully, after the reboot, you will be able to complete the pairing process successfully.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@keenilys  Did you manage to pair your speakers?

0 Kudos
keenilys
Channel Surfer

I tried a lot of the day but wasn't able to inevitability. Will be sending them back for a replacement and see how that works. Thank you for all your help regardless! 🙂 

0 Kudos