Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Non roku soundbar attach to Roku TV

I got a soundbar for Christmas and was having issues getting it to connect to my roku tv. However after doing some research it looks like only a roku soundbar is going to work for my sharp/ roku tv. Can someone please confirm. So I know if I need to return this present for a roku version soundbar.  

#soundbar #rokutv #notconnecting 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Non roku soundbar

No real details in your question, like exact model of tv and soundbar, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't an audio out option that could be used (optical, or otherwise). 

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Sorry it’s a sharp “roku” tv. And the soundbar is a dodocoool . What else would you need to know ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@AD1  Thanks for the note. I'd recommend contacting Sharp support for more information about your TV's capabilities. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

In general, you should be able to use any soundbar with your Roku TV, as long as you are connecting it to the HDMI ARC port on the TV, or via an optical cable (if your TV/soundbar offer this option). Your TV manufacturer will be able to provide additional information and guidance for your specific model.

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos