Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No visual on Roku TV

I have the Roku TCL and All of a sudden it just stopped working said something wrong with Roku. I even went to my antenna I can’t see anything on my antennae channell I can’t see anything on any of my channels. I want to reset but I don’t want to reset the whole thing. So now I sit here and I can’t watch anything. I turn the TV off several times. It says I am connected to the Internet an excellent connection. Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: No visual

Try pulling the power plug out for a minute or two then plugging back in.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Tv goes black when you try to watch tv

I have a 60 TCL tv I can see the menu on the tv but when I go to watch Hulu, Netflix, Pluto tv the screen goes black when I click a movie to watch I can hear the movie playing but screen is black. But I hit the home button and it goes back home and I can see the menu on the screen 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Tv goes black when you try to watch tv

@Caleb1113 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Customers have reported that they after unplugging their TV for 5-10 minutes then plugging it back in resolved their issue. We would recommend trying that to see if that resolves your issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have same issue, my tv is black/screen.I hear sounds, i can hear my buttons when im pressing, but cant see anything. Tried to hold the reset button at the back on the tv, but nothing. Trying to solve this problem for 4 days already. So upset.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sound but No Picture

I just bought my Hisense Roku TV 3 weeks ago and last night I turned it on & the screen remained black. There is sound when I use the remote, but again, no icons or homescreen or anything. I've Googled many solutions & nothing has worked. I've unplugged it for a night, reset my router & wifi, hit the home button 5x, the up button 1x, the rewind 2x, and the fast forward button 2x to "reset" the TV and it's the same thing. I'm worried I wasted $125 & will likely never use Roku again if I can't fix it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Sound but No Picture

You can't blame Roku for a TV issue. They don't make them, they only supply the OS.

But that sounds like a backlight failure, which is a hardware issue. If it's only 3 weeks old, you should be able to exchange it where you purchased it and get a new one. I had an issue with an Insignia Roku TV and just got a replacement. That replacement has been working fine for over 4 years now. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

If you recently purchase it, the replace it the best option for you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@johnsonved0709 

Thanks for the post.

Customers have reported that they have unplugged their TV for 5-10 minutes and then plugged everything back in resolved their issue. We would recommend trying that to see if that helps with what you are seeing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@trancegirl364 

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous post, customers have reported that they after unplugging their TV for 5-10 minutes then plugging it back in resolved their issue. We would recommend trying that to see if that resolves your issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny 

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos