Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fiendmish

No sound on when switching input to TV after using AirPlay mirroring on Roku Streambar

Jump to solution

Steps to replicate:

1. Roku streambar connected to TV via HDMI-ARC and works fine for both TV audio and Roku audio
  2. TV is on and a terrestrial TV is playing
  3. Use Airplay mirroring to send content to Roku from iPhone
  4. TV switches to Roku HDMI input and mirrored content is shown
  5. Stop mirroring from iPhone 
  6. Roku displays AirPlay channel on screen
  7. Using TV remote change input from Roku HDMI back to TV

Expected result

• Terrestrial TV audio and video plays

Actual result

• Terrestrial TV video plays but no audio
  • In order to get auido to play again I need to switch back to Roku input and exit the Airplay app back to the home menu, then return to TV input and sound plays
  • Note: I've seen the same behaviour when leaving other apps open, like the cinematic sound one after adjusting sound settings

Any ideas how I can get the current live TV input to have audio priority on the Streambar so I dont have to go back and close an app each time?

Thanks
Sam

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No sound on when switching input to TV after using AirPlay mirroring on Roku Streambar

Jump to solution

@fiendmish 

Thanks for the post.

You will need to return to the Home screen on the Roku Streambar in order for you to hear audio again from the TV since you are trying to use the Streambar for TV audio. What is currently happening is the Roku Streambar is still technically running the Airplay channel/app and for it to play the TV audio, it will need to be returned to the Home screen.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No sound on when switching input to TV after using AirPlay mirroring on Roku Streambar

Jump to solution

@fiendmish 

Thanks for the post.

You will need to return to the Home screen on the Roku Streambar in order for you to hear audio again from the TV since you are trying to use the Streambar for TV audio. What is currently happening is the Roku Streambar is still technically running the Airplay channel/app and for it to play the TV audio, it will need to be returned to the Home screen.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos