Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paola24
Reel Rookie

No sound on my roku tv

Last night I went to sleep and forgot to turn off my tv, it turned off by itself like most tvs do but when I woke up it had no sound at all, all channels and streaming services where soundless how can I fix this? 
it never happened with other tvs I had 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No sound on my roku tv

@Paola24

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried unplugging your TV for 10-15 minutes and then plugging it back in to see if the issue is resolved?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Paola24
Reel Rookie

Yes I did that and it fixed the problem only during that day cause the next day the same thing happened 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Paola24

Thanks for the information.

It's possible that the issue you are experiencing may be hardware related. Have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lady2cu
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue with no sound on my Roku TV when viewing cable tv.  Unplugging TV did not work.  Please help!

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Try going into the settings> system> advanced system settings> factory reset> reset audio & picture settings> follow prompts

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Lady2cu
Reel Rookie

Thanks so much for your reply!  I am concerned about doing that since I don't have Suddenlink's passwords (cable company).  Will that be a problem?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

It would be if you're actually resetting the whole thing to factory default, which you aren't, just the audio and picture settings. That's if your model of roku tv allows you to reset only the audio & picture settings. some don't, it's factory reset everything or nothing. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos