Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaseCrum
Level 8

No sound on my TCL 49S15, please help!

Jump to solution

For  hours I haven't been able to get sound from my TCL 49S15 TV I've owned for two years! I've tried resetting it, rebooting the system, unplugging it.  Every suggestion I've read on here hasn't worked.    Listening through the Roku app on my phone works fine,  the TV's audio jack is broken.  Desperately need help.  If I can't get the TV's built in speakers to work, I'll have to throw the TV away.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No sound on my TCL 49S15, please help!

Jump to solution

@CaseCrum 

Thanks for the post.

It's possible that the TV audio jack being broken is what is causing the issue that you are experiencing. 

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@CaseCrum 

Thanks for the post.

It's possible that the TV audio jack being broken is what is causing the issue that you are experiencing. 

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
CaseCrum
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for the suggestion.   I was hoping there would be solution that wasn't contacting TCL.  I'm not sure they'd be much help. 

0 Kudos