Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No sound on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Last night my TV froze and unable to operate with the remote. Turned it off and then back in but no sound last night or this morning. Unplugged it and still no sound. I see others had similar problem however I see no answers. Cox says to call Roku but you are not taking calls. How do I get help with this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No sound on Roku TV

Jump to solution

@Brooke1 

Thanks for the information.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Support page here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: No sound through headphones in Apple TV

Jump to solution

@Brooke1 It sounds like you aren’t having trouble with sound through the remote headphones, so you should probably create a new topic rather than posting to this one.

However, I’ll try to help. In the future, it would help if you didn’t use pronouns like “it”, but instead said “unplugged tv” or “unplugged Roku”.

1. Unplug your Roku power cord and wait two full minutes before plugging it back in.

2. Unplug the HDMI cable from both the Roku and TV and plug it back in or try switching it with another that you know works correctly.

3. Take the batteries out of your remote and wait two full minutes before putting them back in.

4. Unplug your tv and wait two full minutes before plugging it back in.

Does your tv have sound if it’s using an input other than the Roku? (antenna, cable, DVD or Bluray, etc.)?

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No sound on Roku TV

Jump to solution

@Brooke1 

Thanks for the information.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Support page here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No Sound

Jump to solution

I purchased a 50" Roku tv in December 2019.  It is not hooked up to any sound system or anything but the wifi, antenna and xbox.  Every once in a while the sound would not sync with the picture.  I tried turning it off and on several times but sometimes nothing would work and it would be fine the next time I watched.  Last night the sound started to get garbled.  I tried turning it off and on.  I tried numerous channels, antenna, Hulu, Netflix, Disney+ and even tried a DVD through the Xbox but all of them would garble the sound off and on.

This morning I turn the tv on and NO SOUND whatsoever!!!!!  And trying to find out how to have these people fix the thing or give me any feedback whatsoever is nonexistent.

Going to buy a new tv.  NOT ANOTHER ROKU!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: No Sound

Jump to solution

We had the same issue.  I tried many things, but finally unplugged it.  When I plugged it back in it worked again.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I found a work around for that problem on our TCL 55P607.  Problem was no sound despite having been fine a week before.  I opened The Roku Channel, used the * on Roku remote to open options.  Went to Volume Mode, volume mode had been in "Leveling".  Turned volume mode to "Off", and voila' - tv sound all over again.  Not sure this will work for anyone else, but my wife told me "Good Job"... not something I've heard very often in our 30+ years together!!!  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I do the same thing with the leveling of the sound. I have to do that several times a day.

0 Kudos