Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anng

No remote for Westinghouse Roku tv please help

Jump to solution

Bought a Westinghouse Roku tv at yard sale no remote and can’t pair it does anyone know how I can pair it without it asking me for the wifi to be connected to device when it wasn’t mine before

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No remote for Westinghouse Roku tv please help

Jump to solution

@Anng 

You are going to need a physical remote because you are going to have to Factory Reset your RokuTV so you can create your own Roku Account.

There are some replacement remotes on Amazon compatible with your Westinghouse. (westinghouse roku tv remote replacement)

Otherwise, you can get a Roku Voice Remote ($20) or the rechargeable Voice Remote Pro ($30) from Walmart, Target, Best Buy if you need it quicker. 

After you have your RokuTV setup and activated, then you can use the Roku Mobile Remote app available from the Play/Apple Stores mentioned in previous posting if you wish.

Factory Reset Instructions and Manuals (https://westinghouseelectronics.com/downloads/)

Generally, press and hold Reset Button (paperclip needed) for 30+ seconds with TV powered on.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If your Roku is connected to WiFi and you own a smartphone you could download the Roku app.  However the Roku device must be connected to the same network as the smartphone.  Otherwise you could get confused.  I’d recommend a physical replacement remote like the RC-AL7 (Regular Voice Remote) or RC-S01 (Voice Remote Pro). 

@Tivoburkee is knowledgeable with remotes of any kind and can help you more in this situation.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Anng 

You are going to need a physical remote because you are going to have to Factory Reset your RokuTV so you can create your own Roku Account.

There are some replacement remotes on Amazon compatible with your Westinghouse. (westinghouse roku tv remote replacement)

Otherwise, you can get a Roku Voice Remote ($20) or the rechargeable Voice Remote Pro ($30) from Walmart, Target, Best Buy if you need it quicker. 

After you have your RokuTV setup and activated, then you can use the Roku Mobile Remote app available from the Play/Apple Stores mentioned in previous posting if you wish.

Factory Reset Instructions and Manuals (https://westinghouseelectronics.com/downloads/)

Generally, press and hold Reset Button (paperclip needed) for 30+ seconds with TV powered on.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos