Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LawrenceSmith
Level 7

No "input" option found to change HDMI to connect to DVD

I own a TCL Roku TV.
I purchased a Roku Soundbar.
I attempted to play a DVD from my DVD player. No luck.
The "AV in" is connected from DVD to TV.
Roku TV is connected to the soundbar. (NO problem with TV / internet)
I have no way of accessing HDMI from my remote.
I did go to a) "system" b) Control other devices c) "1- touch play" is checked.
It seems that all I need to do is to access HDMI through "input" but I find no "input" button.
HELP

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No "input" option found to change HDMI to connect to DVD

@LawrenceSmith 

Thanks for the note.

Can you please clarify the issue that you are experiencing? Why are you trying to change the HDMI input on the Roku TV if your DVD player is plugged into the AV input?

On the Home screen of the Roku TV, have you selected the AV input that your DVD is plugged into?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LawrenceSmith
Level 7

My DVD player has 3 wires (AV left, right, and video) harnessed into one plug which can ONLY go into the Roku TV in the "AV adapter".

The TV connects to the Roku Sound Bar in the HDMI#3 ARC.  (the HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 are not utilized).

When I go to home screen, it is through the Roku Sound bar.  Homescreen has a list of options including "Home, Movie Store, Settings, Search etc"  AND the icons including Prime, Youtube, Hulu, Pandora, Roku Media Player etc.   Roku Media Player has Video / Audio / settings / help but NO DVD option.

I am unable to select  a DVD from an AV option since it not present.

Thanks for your help.

Larry Smith

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@LawrenceSmith 

Thanks for the information.

Since the DVD player is connected to your Roku TV, you will need to access the Roku TV home screen in order to change the input to your DVD player. Your Roku Soundbar will not have access to your TV inputs.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Marcus_4321
Level 7

I have a TCL roku tv, Onn sound bar, and a Onn subwoofer. Im trying to play my gaming system. When I have my sound bar plug into the HDMI and the soundbar system comes on it will not allow me to switch back to my TV home screen to access the HDMI input to play my system

0 Kudos
Marcus_4321
Level 7

Also everything I have is connected through Wifi

0 Kudos