Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No optical cable input on 2007 TV to connect roku streambar

Jump to solution

Bought Roku Streambar but my 2007 philips TV doesn't support the HDMI-CEC feature. I also have no optical cable input on my TV. Do I need to buy a different Roku or is there a work around?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: No optical cable input on 2007 TV to connect roku streambar

Jump to solution

TV's dont have Optical inputs - they have Optical outputs.

HDMI/ARC and Optical are used to route audio from the TV (and devices connected to it) to AVRs/soundbars.

(ARC/Optical only matter if using the TV tuner or you have devices connected to the TV's HDMI ports, and you want the audio from those to come out of the Streambar instead of the TV's speakers).

If you are using the apps on the Streambar itself then ARC/Optical dont even come into play (the audio from the apps comes directly out of the Streambar's speakers).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: No optical cable input on 2007 TV to connect roku streambar

Jump to solution

TV's dont have Optical inputs - they have Optical outputs.

HDMI/ARC and Optical are used to route audio from the TV (and devices connected to it) to AVRs/soundbars.

(ARC/Optical only matter if using the TV tuner or you have devices connected to the TV's HDMI ports, and you want the audio from those to come out of the Streambar instead of the TV's speakers).

If you are using the apps on the Streambar itself then ARC/Optical dont even come into play (the audio from the apps comes directly out of the Streambar's speakers).

0 Kudos