Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
utahman1971
Level 7

No more antenna favorites for channels

TCL 32" 720p 60Hz Roku Smart LED TV - Black (32S305).

I just manually updated to the 8.0.0 version and before updating. I was able to move to the left arrow and it shows lists of channels and if you hit right arrow, would show favorites that you added. Well, with the new version, it is gone and now just a channel guide, and no where possible to add favorites anymore or even remove channels from favorites. I have looked throughout all settings to no possible way to find a way to do the favorites for channels on antenna. Please, fix this! My mother has the same tv in her room and she never updated, but she has the favorites to add and remove. She is not going to update to the new version of OS until you fix this. I am kind of bummed myself to see that feature removed without even being told it was going to be removed.

What makes no sense at all is in roku settings it says under antenna settings that favorites can still be enabled and disabled, but even if enabled, there is no way to do anything anywhere for adding favorites or removing them on 8.0.0 at all.

You could just add an option for either guide or older channel listing with favorites like it was before but still have the guide choice in settings for us to choose which way we want. Just no way to add or remove favorites anymore.
0 Kudos
27 Replies
utahman1971
Level 7

Re: No more antenna favorites for channels

I guess it isn't that important to make favorites for antenna channels.
0 Kudos
ubrokeit
Level 7

this is why I blocked roku on my router firewall so that it does not get automatic updates.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

To the OP, how did you manually update your TCL? I have the 40" version of that TV, and when I check for updates I'm told I'm already up to date.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Jayaro
Level 7

Not sure why they didn't just make the guide accessible from the Right Arrow button on the remote (it wasn't doing anything).

edit- 
Apparently from what I read, over time it will put your favorite channels at the top of the list but will do so on its own, meaning you don't pick the favorite channels, Roku will do that for you.
0 Kudos
Squishrx
Level 7

This is beyond irritating.

What’s worse is it still shows my old favorites in the new channel guide when pressing left arrow, but I can’t add any more favorites manually.

Someone needs to have a talk with the team that removes this functionality.
0 Kudos
Tiki_Vegas
Level 7

Hello. I will be following this post.
Just spent over an hour trying to "unfavorite" my new favorites I never favorited (red heart) to begin with.  I blamed it on my wife. Now, come to find out Roku did it.  
It has been maddening to try undoing this, as it's impossible. I did not try factory reset.

I used to have all numbered, live tv channels I could zip thru in ONE list.  Now I have 2 separate channel lists. THIS SUCKS.

Also, same subject; When did the antenna channels get messed up?  Seems like 2 weeks ago the tv guide banner replaced the show name. However I can see the old showname under the white TV guide except its very dark gray.  Who and why are they messing with this?  I want it back the way it was a month ago. Too much cute tinkering.
This has really affected my "Roku experience".
0 Kudos
JBL54
Level 7

Well I had the opposite problem.  So I wanted to remove Favorites completely.  This is the response from Roku.  Hopefully this helps.  

Please follow the steps below to disable the Favorite feature:
1. Go to Settings and select TV inputs
2. Select Antenna TV and select Favorite channels 
Now go ahead and disable the feature.
0 Kudos
racinreaver
Level 7

Not letting us choose our own favorites is a terrible choice. I live in a major metroploitan market and have 183 OTA channels to click through. About half of them are infomercial only channels. 20% are religious-only programming I'm not interested in. Another 20% is foreign-language programming I'm not interested in. Now I'm left clicking up/down forever to choose between all of the channels I like. Smiley Sad

Would really love to be able to manually control my favorites again.
0 Kudos
Anntsmith
Level 7

At lease let me REMOVE the favorites that are stuck there. It jumble up the continuity of my channels.
This is annoying. This is not why I bought a roku tv. I shouldn't lose features that are free with a digital.tuner.
Please fix this and let us all know.
Thanks
Ann
0 Kudos