cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TexasMan
Level 8

No discount for just the Sub Woofer?

I recently purchased the speakers, and now I see them on sale and to make matters worse the sub is on sale but ONLY if you buy the speakers. WTF?  Thanks Roku for supporting your existing customers.

[post moved to appropriate board]

10 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: No discount for just the Sub Woofer?

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note and sharing your feedback here. If you are still within the return period for your purchase, please feel free to contact our support team for more assistance with your order: https://support.roku.com/contactus

Be sure to also check out our upcoming Black Friday sales for more discounts and offers. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
redcap
Level 7

Hi Tanner,

I've had a pair of wireless speakers since they launched. I really like them and was quite excited to hear that the wireless sub was going to be compatible with them when it launched. I'm with OP on this one in the fact that I'm also very much disappointed that the only way to get a discount on the sub is to purchase it bundled with items I already own.

I kept an eye on sales during Black Friday and Cyber Monday hoping to see some kind of discount for just the sub but failed to see any price drops.

Do you know if there are any upcoming sales for people in my situation?

Thanks!

Highlighted
redcap
Level 7

Tagging @RokuTannerD as I'm new to the forums and not sure he saw my previous message.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the note here. There are no additional discounts available at this time. Different promotions are run throughout different periods of the year, including holiday specials, but we don't currently have any standalone offers on the Roku Smart Subwoofer. I'd keep an eye on our product pages at www.roku.com and the Roku Blog at blog.roku.com for any new updates. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rublow
Level 8

Sound Bar on sale, wireless speakers on sale and still the Sub is not on sale! I will not pay full price for my sub only to see it go on sale soon after. Maybe Best Buy might have it on sale for President’s Day!

Highlighted
TexasMan
Level 8

Why they don’t offer $20 off to speaker owners is beyond me.   

Highlighted
AnkMe
Level 8

Has anyone considered buying or already bought the Roku Onn Subwoofer from Walmart? It has the same 10 inch driver, but the output seems less compared to Roku Subwoofer on paper

Highlighted
Rublow
Level 8

Great question, I am seriously thinking of going that way, I am tired of waiting on Roku to offer existing users with the wireless speakers a deal to purchase the Sub, I hope someone replied that it is possible!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rublow
Level 8

Consumer Reports Article: The Onn Roku Sub is $50.00 cheaper at Walmart.

“According to Roku, the Roku Smart Soundbar—available at Best Buy and Roku.com—is more powerful (60 watts vs. 40 watts) and has different speaker drivers. And the device comes with an enhanced voice remote; the Onn comes with a more basic IR (infrared) remote.

In terms of the subwoofer, the Roku model also boasts a more powerful amplifier (250 vs. 150 peak watts) and a slightly larger enclosure, though both use a 10-inch speaker.”

0 Kudos