No Sound From Antenna Source

Jump to solution

I have:
1. Roku Streambar
2. Spectre Flatscreen TV
3. Mohu Leaf Indoor Amplified
HDTV Antenna

Roku works perfect.

My issue is when I switch TV Source to Antenna I get a great picture but no sound with closed caption subtitles not even from my TV speakers.

When I use my TV remote I can mute and unmute but no sound from the program just as it is with my Roku remote. With either remote I can hear the indicator sound of a volume change but no actual sound from the program.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No Sound From Antenna Source

Jump to solution

@PapaPat

Thanks for the inquiry.

Since your antenna source is not connected to your Roku Streambar and directly to your TV, this would appear to be an antenna or possibly TV issue. Have you tried contact your TV manufacturer to see if they can provide any insight?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@PapaPat

Thanks for the inquiry.

Since your antenna source is not connected to your Roku Streambar and directly to your TV, this would appear to be an antenna or possibly TV issue. Have you tried contact your TV manufacturer to see if they can provide any insight?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DCI_Benway

Jump to solution

I'll weigh in on this.  I have the same problem.  It's not the problem of the antenna or TV manufacturer, it's that when using Roko via HDMI cable, all audio is piped through to the Roku unit via the HDMI cables, so when you switch to a TV antenna, you get no audio until you pull the HDMI cable going to Roku.  Then TV audio comes through to the TV's speakers.  Plug the HDMI cable back in and audio is again diverted to the Roku unit.

Don't think there's a solution to this, but it's good to know what's happening with the audio.

It would be helpful is the Roku app detected this antenna audio and directed it accordingly, but it doesn't.

0 Kudos