Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

No Remotes Working on JVC Roku TV

Jump to solution

I have a JVC Roku TV. I bought it in September from Walmart.com. It was refurbished. After awhile both the remote it came with and a universal Roku remote I had before both stopped working with it, except for the volume. I updated the batteries on both. The only way to operate it is with a Roku remote on a smart phone and even then that doesn't turn it on. You have to move it slightly to get it to turn on! Why might it be doing this? Is there any fix for this? It is able to be watched and is functional otherwise.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No Remotes Working on JVC Roku TV

Jump to solution

@sethjtaft 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @Tivoburkee mentioned, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact JVC here: http://www.us.jvc.com/support/ or at 1-888-582-8870.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: No Remotes Working

Jump to solution

Do you something front of the tv like sound bar preventing remote signals from reaching tv?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: No Remotes Working

Jump to solution

No.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue with my remote and the TCL roku tv

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Any solution yet to your problem, having the same problem.  Have two JVC Roku tvs (43" & 50"), both at the same time stopped working with their remotes.  Both remotes are the same and work with either tv.  Because it happened at the same time, I'm thinking it a automatic firmware update that got both of them.  Now if I could just find a way to see if I can reset the tv to its last update.  This is bs, think my tv's are out of return window at Walmart.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Purchased this unit from Walmart also during the 2019 Christmas season, new. I am also having the same problem with the remote. EVERY F'N Button turns the TV off. You should have the decency to respond to the consumers that are reporting these issues on the junk units. Please advise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

You need to get in touch with TV manufacturer, Roku is just UI on their made TV. There's a sticky at the top of this forum on how to get in touch with each manufacturer.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@sethjtaft 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @Tivoburkee mentioned, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact JVC here: http://www.us.jvc.com/support/ or at 1-888-582-8870.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I unplugged my TV overnight and now my remote is connecting the TV again. 

0 Kudos