Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SFSCOTT
Channel Surfer

No OTA channels found since 10.0.0 update!!

Someone please help me before I throw out my TCL Roku TV!  

10 days ago, my TCL Roku TV Model 6102X suddenly had NO OTA channels.  (It is all we use our TV for...local OTA stations)  This occured after the 10.0.0 build 4195-22 update.  Now when we turn on the TV the "antenna TV" button defaults to roku channel lineup via wi-fi - even after I removed the roku tv option from my lineup. I have discussed this with the support chat, who escalated it to email to "look into it".   I have tried every possible system reset option and troubleshooting of our antenna and cable and ruled out those issues.  I did the issue report tracker issue ID 52-210-171, although not sure it will help.  I am almost 2 weeks into no TV, thanks to a poorly tested release.  We had trouble with the 9 versions as well....voice out of sync, channel menu off, etc.  Volume was an issue also, and that appeared to be later fixed, but still no OTA channels available.  Is there a way to roll back to earlier version?  Is anyone else having this issue??  

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No OTA channels found since 10.0.0 update!!

When I received 10.0.0 on my TCL Roku TV I had two problems:

1. Video but no sound (or maybe the other way around) for the Directv I have hooked up to HDMI 1.
  2. Loss of channel listings in live channel guide

These things are just special purpose computers, and like their big brothers, sometimes a restart will cure lots of ills.

In my case a system restart fixed one of them, but it took a second system restart to fix the other.  Don't remember which was which.

Just turning the tv off and on doesn't do it.  It has to be a full restart via menu path Settings > System > Power > System restart

If that doesn't fix it, try pulling the power plug for 30 seconds or so then plugging back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
SFSCOTT
Channel Surfer

I have literally tried everything I can think of, including today factory resets x 2. 

I believe ROKU damage control is in order.  I have seen little interaction on this site from ROKU acknowledging these issues. I would be happy with ANY ROKU support at this point - IT IS EASY TO SEE THAT 10.0.0 CAUSED A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF PROBLEMS FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS.  I have had issues before with other updates, but none that have essentially eliminated my ability to watch.   

ROKU SUPPORT TEAM- either contact me directly, or tell us all that you are aware and working on this and all the other problems, or post a fix here so peole don't take anti-ROKU campaigns to social media

SFSCOTT
Channel Surfer

Please provide a link to previous version update

Roku:  Please provide those of us who are experiencing update issues with an option to roll back to prior version until you get these significant programming issues resolved.  Without the option to rollback temporarily, you are essentially rendering ROKU TVs  useless for many of your customers. 

Where is the customer service?  I see an overwhelming amount of issues over the last two updates.... and little input from ROKU'

What is going on in the development of these updates?  Why are you consistently (and automatically) updating our TVs with problematic, not thouroughly tested, and poorly designed updates??  

The temporary rollback is the LEAST you can do until you get your act together on this latest update.  I would request also that it should be an option at all times.... a page with update numbers and abililty for customers to choose the version that they want to reinstall, along with some end user instruction.  Seems there are similarities in some update issues,  but there are some that are much less common than others.... providing each user with the abiliy to update to the last time their system worked well would be ideal.

Harvini
Roku Guru

One quick question....Have you tried doing a "Clear Cache" operation using the hidden button press combinations?  This sometimes clears some otherwise intractable problems.

If you need the button press "recipe", just post here and I'll try to help you through it.

0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

@Harvini wrote:

One quick question....Have you tried doing a "Clear Cache" operation using the hidden button press combinations?  This sometimes clears some otherwise intractable problems.

If you need the button press "recipe", just post here and I'll try to help you through it.

What is this hidden button secret menu thing?  I've found one mentioned on this forum and it didn't bring up any special menus for me.  What am I missing?

0 Kudos
SFSCOTT
Channel Surfer

I didn’t know there was such a recipe or clear cache option - yes! I would so appreciate the help!  Support chat never offered anything useful other than what I already tried.

thank you!!

0 Kudos
SFSCOTT
Channel Surfer

E9FEF87F-8243-4ECC-839C-4CA09F978959.png

image.jpg

I found this online after your post and thank you...but sadly as you can see it didn’t work.  I appreciate the info tho!  

0 Kudos
Harvini
Roku Guru

I'm so sorry that procedure did not help.  That was the last and best suggestion that I, as a complete amateur could suggest.

Beyond this procedure, any other corrective actions I could come up with would involve the State AG or Consumer Protection Bureau.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

I'm wondering if you or somebody else familiar to your account might have logged into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com and deliberately or inadvertently unlinked your device.

Settings > System > About

Does this show a Roku account to which the unit is linked (indicated by email address near top of screen)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos