Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nuclearice37
Channel Surfer

Re: Live tv stopped working 15-20 min ago

Jump to solution

Yep.  Nothing updated on mine either.  Still messing with things....

0 Kudos
Karkat55
Binge Watcher

Re: No OTA, TV tuner on both TV's suddenly do not work

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion, Nay-Nay. On my third Roku TV, I tried un-hiding streaming channels, and my OTA channels all reappeared! Alas, I don't want the streaming channels in my directory, so I hid the streaming channels again. When I did, this made the OTA channels disappear again. 😞

So, if anyone from Roku is reading this, the glitch is probably centered around the streaming channel-hiding function.

Anyway, I then tried my other fix (deleting the Live TV input and then adding it back) after which I can both hide the streaming channels AND see my OTA channels.

0 Kudos
Nuclearice37
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good call on the usb.  I went to the other tv.  Removed it.  Restarted and it was good. Put it back in, setup live pause.  All back.  The first one another restart fixed the audio.

very weird.

0 Kudos
Nuclearice37
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

And yes.  Interesting.  Both mine are Tcl too.

0 Kudos
normsphoto
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

A little bit ago I switched to the roku app then back to live TV and now it is back on my 32", did the same on the 47" and it to os working again.  geez

0 Kudos
ojdidit

No live tv mystery

Jump to solution

I bought a simple ONN TV with Roku built-in. I had no issues setting it up for live TV. I simply have a cable box to wire it into. There is no VCR. Now all of a sudden the live TV doesn't work. I have done updates and I have fiddled around with the settings. I have tried it with and without channel 3 and 4 setups just in case.

0 Kudos
zimzim
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My 65" ONN Live TV also stopped working. The Live TV logo  is on for a sec, then the screen goes black. I did do a manual settings update. No luck

0 Kudos
zimzim
Reel Rookie

Re: Live tv stopped working 15-20 min ago [SOLVED]

Jump to solution

after typing my comment, I went back to the TV to do another manual update. I noticed I didn't power off my TV after I did the last manual update. I powered off, then powered on and tada, Live TV is back

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No live tv mystery

Jump to solution

@ojdidit 

Per another user experiencing similar problem this morning, @Karkat55 suggested removing the Live TV input and then reinstalling it again.  Another user @Nay-Nay simply disabled/hid streaming TV (the Roku Channels long list of Live TV channels) as another remedy.

Basically, navigate to Settings..TV Inputs..LiveTV...Remove

I would probably then do a System Restart first, then navigate back to TV Inputs and reinstall Live TV input.

Here is the link to their discussion and resolution.  See if that helps.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/No-OTA-TV-tuner-on-both-TV-s-suddenly-do-not-...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

Just a hunch, but that sounds more like a hardware failure of the internal ATSC tuner.

The OP said they were able to scan and find channels.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos