Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karkat55
Binge Watcher

Re: No OTA, TV tuner on both TV's suddenly do not work

Jump to solution

Gotta be the same issue I'm having. Luckily no storms here. I'm in St. Louis metro area. I looked to see if there had been a recent update; none to the 32" Roku TV. I'll look at the others now.

0 Kudos
Karkat55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Running software 9.4.0, build 4200-48. TCL Model 32S327. Last update was Dec. 19, 2020

0 Kudos
JimBob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My tv is doing the same thing. Luckily, I have both Sling TV, & Locast. So we can still watch television. But this stupid. I rescanned the channels, and it is still blank. BTW, I am in California.

Karkat55
Binge Watcher

Got it fixed.

Jump to solution

Mine is working again. I removed the Live TV input, then added it back and re-scanned. Worked on two Roku TVs.

(To add Live TV back, go to Settings>TV Inputs>Live TV)

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Karkat55 wrote:

Running software 9.4.0, build 4200-48. TCL Model 32S327. Last update was Dec. 19, 2020

See, that's why it doesn't seem it could be a Roku update. No update since December of last year. 

First try a power cycle. Unplug the TV from the wall for a minimum of 30 seconds, then power it back up. If there's no change, then a factory reset might resolve it. Just remember that if you do that, you have to set it back up like it just came out of the box. All your channels will reinstall, but anything that requires login will need to be re-entered. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Nay-Nay

Jump to solution

Here what worked for my 4K Roku TV:

Settings -> TV inputs -> Live TV -> Hide streaming TV channels

Make sure you check 'Hide all'. This will remove streaming TV channels from your Live TV input and guide. This allowed my over-the-air terrestrial broadcast channels to work and the guide is populated with channel and programming information.

You can still access Live streaming TV channels in The Roku Channel app which is weird since they don't work in the Live TV input. They must be having issues passing through the streaming channels. Hope this works for y'all.

0 Kudos
Karkat55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I had already hidden the streaming channels (too many, junked up the directory). On my third TV, I'll try hiding/un-hiding streaming channels and see if that works, before I remove the Live TV input and re-adding it in.

0 Kudos
normsphoto
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just switched off live tv and back, did it on both tv's and suddenly both are working again

earman

Re: Live tv stopped working 15-20 min ago

Jump to solution

I removed the USB thumb drive I was using for the timeshift and restarted the TV.  That fixed it (did it for both TVs.)  I wonder what was pushed out that broke this?  MyTVs show the last Roku update was back in mid-February.

0 Kudos
Nuclearice37
Channel Surfer

Re: Live tv stopped working 15-20 min ago

Jump to solution

Took the usb out.  Restarted and it’s working but now audio sync is off.  Very weird.

0 Kudos