Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
normsphoto
Channel Surfer

No OTA, TV tuner on both TV's suddenly do not work

Jump to solution

Ok, What gives?  I got up this morning and turned on my 32" Roku TV and had it on OTA live-view channels, all was fine.  A little bit ago I mov3d to the living room, turned on my 47" TV and got nothing but a black screen instead of OTA channels.

I tested other options and they all work, back to live view, nothing.  Reset TV, no luck, did a channel scan, it found the normal amount of channels but still does not work.

Went back to where my 32" TV was still playing and it was fine until I went out of live view to look at the Roku app.  Went back to live view and it is now just like the 47" TV.

Clearly once again Roku has done a screwed-up update and rendered both my TVs inoperable for the OTA TV channel.  I'm about to throw away these TVs and go to a company that does not screw up the customers with screwed-up updated!!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Karkat55
Binge Watcher

Got it fixed.

Jump to solution

Mine is working again. I removed the Live TV input, then added it back and re-scanned. Worked on two Roku TVs.

(To add Live TV back, go to Settings>TV Inputs>Live TV)

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Nuclearice37
Channel Surfer

Live tv stopped working 15-20 min ago

Jump to solution

I have 2 roku TVs and both live tv has stopped.  Restarted no difference.  Network connect working.  Not that it matters for broadcast tv.  The other av modes work on both.  No software updates have been done.  Anyone else seeing this happen?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No OTA, TV tuner on both TV's suddenly do not work

Jump to solution

Roku hasn't released any TV updates recently to my knowledge. Just a hunch, but that sounds more like a hardware failure of the internal ATSC tuner. What exactly do you see when you select the Antenna input on the home screen? Is a channel guide available? Any sort of message? 

If it is a hardware failure, you would have to contact whomever built your TV. Roku is not the TV manufacturer, they only provide the operating system. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Lojak7

Re: Live tv stopped working 15-20 min ago

Jump to solution

Yes same thing happening to me now

0 Kudos
normsphoto
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 2 tv's as I said in my post, the 32" I turned on earlier was working fine, went to the living room and turned on that TV, saw the typical antenna symbol then nothing but a black screen.  Nothing in the channel directory either, went to scan channels and it found the same about of channels as normal.  Powered off and back by removing cord, nothing.

Went to the other room where the 32" tv was still working fine, went to the roku channel to look for a movie but hen decided to go back and just watch TV.  NO TV CHANNELS work on it either now.

You cannot tell me that both TV channel tuners failed in the exact manner at the same time!!!!

normsphoto
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Oh and by the way, it is a TCL TV with Roku buit inside

Karkat55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same here, three Roku TVs, none will show OTA channels. I tried rebooting and rescanning, no effect. Other, non-Roku TVs in the house connected to same antenna are working fine, OTA channels normal on the non-Roku TVs.

earman

Re: Live tv stopped working 15-20 min ago

Jump to solution

Yes, happened to me, too.  On both our our TCL TV's.

0 Kudos
normsphoto
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is crazy, we have a storm coming and I was watching the severe storm warning announcements "live", no I am blind to what's coming.  Thanks Roku

highwaydriller
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My OTA channels have also disappeared.

This is the second time this has happened recently.

Get on the ball Roku, figure it out.