Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visions710
Reel Rookie

Nintendo switch 5.1 surround sound with streambar pro 5.1 configuration not working

I recently purchased a streambar pro with 2 sets of roku speakers and a roku subwoofer.  I can't get my Nintendo Switch to output 5.1 surround sound to this stream bar.  I connect the streambar pro to my hdmi eARC port on my TV (Samsung 2020 model can't remember exactly) and I connect the switch to another hdmi input on my TV.  Surround sound works perfectly with every source except the switch.  Is there a way to get this to work as I expect?  Thanks.  Even if I have to purchase a third party device to do this, I would appreciate any suggestions.  

2 REPLIES 2
bertorican

Re: Nintendo switch 5.1 surround sound with streambar pro 5.1 configuration not working

I'm dealing with the same issue. After doing some research. I think your problem is that the streambar pro hdmi isn't eARC so the TV can't pass the uncompressed LPCM 5.1 stream to the bar. There might be a device that converts the audio but I haven't found one I'm comfortable buying yet.

0 Kudos
Shamoose

Re: Nintendo switch 5.1 surround sound with streambar pro 5.1 configuration not working

Same situation I'm  dumbfounded! I bought the full $650 roku surround sound and no sound from it with my Nintendo. And I have it hooked up to the optical wire. 

0 Kudos