Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elite49
Streaming Star

Newer 10.0 update ruined CEC-eARC audio

Already had the initial 10.0 update on my TCL R625 and everything worked fine. Just had another update today that seems to have ruined my eARC connection to my Vizio soundbar system.

TV no longer finds any CEC devices that are connected to the television and when it does, it only lasts for a little bit before it stops working.

Update: Power cycled everything and it seems that the eARC now works again. I still think the new updates might be a bit glitchy but in case anyone has this issue, try that.

18 REPLIES 18
GM559
Binge Watcher

Re: Newer 10.0 update ruined CEC-eARC audio

My CEC is no longer discovering my sound bar ether, I just switched to TV speakers and really don't care at this point because I'm exchanging my TCL S535 for another brand. Too many issues with this $1000 TV.

0 Kudos
Davenlr
Binge Watcher

You guys are lucky.  My 10.0 update started causing my 75" TCL Series 8 to reboot every two hours or so.

TCL wouldnt respond to my many requests including the service push error updates they requested, so I called Best Buy and told them to come pick it up.  I am done with Roku.

0 Kudos
RJBatGmail
Reel Rookie

Same here. I'm looking for a message board with more users reporting.

I've found that ARC will work and the sound bar on HDMI 1 is recognized if nothing is connected to HDMI 2 or HDMI 3. When there is nothing on 2 or 3, power on, sound bar displays "ARC" and sound is working. If a cable is connected to 2 or 3, power on, sound bar displays "D. IN" and there is no sound. 

0 Kudos
Bama89
Streaming Star

y'all are lucky. I have to unplug and plug back in my vizio soundbar every time i turn my 8 series on. This started in october with the earc update. tcl support claimed the 10 update would fix my problem but of course it didn't. Someone else in the 8 series forum got a replacement i believe. I'm not sure i even want one at this point

0 Kudos
mctrn
Binge Watcher

I had ARC drop out concurrent with updating to 10.0, not sure if that was actually the cause or not.

Struggled getting it back working properly but did it this way - 

Started with 2 devices plugged in to HDMI 1 & 2, receiver into HDMI 3 (arc)

System -> CEC menu showing no CEC devices, Audio -> passthrough shows only Stereo

Unplugged all HDMI from TV - 

Plugged receiver into HDMI 2 - now CEC device shows as detected but not in ARC port

Move receiver back to HDMI 3, plug everything back in - all CEC devices showing now in menu and ARC working properly

Maybe that will be helpful to someone else having this problem. Really annoying. 

mctrn
Binge Watcher

Just kidding! Broken again and the fix is not replicable.

With one HDMI device (verizon box in HDMI 1) the TCL TV can detect the CEC device. As soon as the receiver is plugged into HDMI 2 or HDMI 3, the TV detects no CEC devices. Weird behavior.

dd21
Reel Rookie

Having issues with eARC and Sonos Arc sound bar on TCL r635. I can set up in eARC, but as soon as I power the TV off and power it back on again, it longer detects eARC or ARC with the sound bar. 

I have to manually reconfigure and search for it in CEC settings to get it set back to eARC. Very annoying to have to do every time I power on the TV. 

0 Kudos
wydoihavetoregi
Channel Surfer

Sonos bar-- no sound on 10.0.0 build 4195-30. There was a buggy update two years ago that caused the same issues. Haven't found fix yet 

0 Kudos
wydoihavetoregi
Channel Surfer

Resumes working normal when no Chromecast plugged into HDMI 2. Audio stops working when Chromecast plugged back in. Does Roku do any serious QA before these major updates?