Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elite49
Level 9

Newer 10.0 update ruined CEC-eARC audio

Already had the initial 10.0 update on my TCL R625 and everything worked fine. Just had another update today that seems to have ruined my eARC connection to my Vizio soundbar system.

TV no longer finds any CEC devices that are connected to the television and when it does, it only lasts for a little bit before it stops working.

Update: Power cycled everything and it seems that the eARC now works again. I still think the new updates might be a bit glitchy but in case anyone has this issue, try that.

2 Replies
GM559
Level 9

Re: Newer 10.0 update ruined CEC-eARC audio

My CEC is no longer discovering my sound bar ether, I just switched to TV speakers and really don't care at this point because I'm exchanging my TCL S535 for another brand. Too many issues with this $1000 TV.

0 Kudos
Davenlr
Level 9

Re: Newer 10.0 update ruined CEC-eARC audio

You guys are lucky.  My 10.0 update started causing my 75" TCL Series 8 to reboot every two hours or so.

TCL wouldnt respond to my many requests including the service push error updates they requested, so I called Best Buy and told them to come pick it up.  I am done with Roku.

0 Kudos