Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

New voice remote pair with TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

I purchased a Roku TV (65S425), and it works great!

however, the remote that came with it does NOT have the voice button.

After falling in love with Roku, I bought several other devices, including a few Roku Ultra devices.  One of those Ultras (a 2018 model) does come with a voice remote.  Thus, I would like to swap the remotes.

I attempted to "pair" the voice remote to the Roku TV, and it claims to be successful.  However, two key buttons are not working: the right arrow and power buttons.

I've tried restarting the TV, taking out the remote batteries and re-pairing, but to no avail.

I do have a soundbar connected (underneath the TV), and the remote controls that column just fine (as it should under the remote devices settings).

any ideas as to how I can get the voice remote to be fully functional with this TV?

thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: New voice remote pair with TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

Thanks for the question.

Unless you are using the specific, supported accessory Roku TV Voice Remote model, this functionality would likely not work correctly. You can check out that accessory remote model here in our Accessories store

Alternately, you can also use our supported voice commands within the free Roku mobile app by tapping the microphone icon displayed on the remote tab. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: New voice remote pair with TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

Thanks for the question.

Unless you are using the specific, supported accessory Roku TV Voice Remote model, this functionality would likely not work correctly. You can check out that accessory remote model here in our Accessories store

Alternately, you can also use our supported voice commands within the free Roku mobile app by tapping the microphone icon displayed on the remote tab. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New voice remote pair with TCL Roku TV - NOT! And a screed on you ROKU iPhonne App!

Jump to solution

[post edited] Lousy G-D TCL and ROKU products don't work with each other!  Just got a TCL 65S425 a month or so ago and put it in place of a TCL 55UP130 in my living room (and put the G-D 55 inch TV in the bedroom).  Bad ROKU AND TCL for putting this product on the market!  Reviews on Best Buy and on Amazon will tell my story. The 55 inch TV has been freezing picture and no sound for 30 sec to a minute or so before finally shutting down and after a few minutes (sometimes) starting up again.  (This happens intermittently, but about every 3-4 hours of continuous watching!  Hate the G-D TV!!! It has been doing this for 3+ years now.)  Now I have a 65 inch TCL TV that I now find does the SAME EXACT THING!  So when I got it, I called ROKU to find if I could get private listening with it and was told that an 'enhanced' remote would give me private listening like I had in the 55" TV (when it stayed on!) but I find that the enhanced ROKU remote will not work with the 65S425 TCL TV.  What a G-D lousy product.  OK - yeah - I also have the ROKU iPhone App and it is totally worthless!  Poorly designed!!! I am continually having to turn off and turn on the private listening because whenever there is a channel/station change the sound totally goes to garbage until I recycle the private listening button.  Happens also every time You Tube inserts one of their G-D ads!

0 Kudos