Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jco23
Level 7

New voice remote pair with TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

I purchased a Roku TV (65S425), and it works great!

however, the remote that came with it does NOT have the voice button.

After falling in love with Roku, I bought several other devices, including a few Roku Ultra devices.  One of those Ultras (a 2018 model) does come with a voice remote.  Thus, I would like to swap the remotes.

I attempted to "pair" the voice remote to the Roku TV, and it claims to be successful.  However, two key buttons are not working: the right arrow and power buttons.

I've tried restarting the TV, taking out the remote batteries and re-pairing, but to no avail.

I do have a soundbar connected (underneath the TV), and the remote controls that column just fine (as it should under the remote devices settings).

any ideas as to how I can get the voice remote to be fully functional with this TV?

thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New voice remote pair with TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

Thanks for the question.

Unless you are using the specific, supported accessory Roku TV Voice Remote model, this functionality would likely not work correctly. You can check out that accessory remote model here in our Accessories store

Alternately, you can also use our supported voice commands within the free Roku mobile app by tapping the microphone icon displayed on the remote tab. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New voice remote pair with TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

Thanks for the question.

Unless you are using the specific, supported accessory Roku TV Voice Remote model, this functionality would likely not work correctly. You can check out that accessory remote model here in our Accessories store

Alternately, you can also use our supported voice commands within the free Roku mobile app by tapping the microphone icon displayed on the remote tab. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos