Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ldylouis
Level 7

New device on old smart tv, can it be done?

Jump to solution

I have a TLC TV with built in Roku and want to upgrade the Roku to the faster devices available now. Is it set up to except an external device? I would think having to buy a new tv for a Roku device upgrade would be bad PR. I have not found an answer to this question anywhere. Roku is so slow on our tv and my husband is getting frustrated by this. It is not an issue with my internet setup, it is just an older Roku TV. The new devices say they are much faster and better at all things streaming, which is what I want for this TV.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: New device on old smart tv, can it be done?

Jump to solution

Yes, you can purchase a new roku stand alone like the express or premiere and plug it into a roku tv. If you don't use other inputs on the tv you can set the roku tv on powering up to switch to the input with new roku attached. Keep the different roku's set to different themes to tell them apart. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: New device on old smart tv, can it be done?

Jump to solution

Yes, you can purchase a new roku stand alone like the express or premiere and plug it into a roku tv. If you don't use other inputs on the tv you can set the roku tv on powering up to switch to the input with new roku attached. Keep the different roku's set to different themes to tell them apart. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos