Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

New apps cannot connect to internet on RokuTV

My Disney Plus cannot connect to internet, I cannot even login. After start the app, all I can see is the main screen for a few seconds, and then I get the error 42.

At first I thought the issue was related to this app only,  but I also installed Amazon Prime, and DAZN, and they dont work. With these I am able to login but when I try to play a video, a got an internet connection error.

I already tried to delete and reinstall the apps, and reinstall all tv from scratch. Same issue. I can use netflix and youtube without having any issues.

Anyone saw this before? Thanks!

I have a TCL 55R617-CA, all apps and system are up to date.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: New apps cannot connect to internet on RokuTV

Well, that's a networking issue for sure. The question is if it's your network, or the TV's network connection. Are you wired or using WiFi? Is everything else on your network connecting correctly? So absolutely nothing is connecting on your Roku TV? If that's the case, I would first try the Network Reset function in the Settings menu. If that doesn't change anything, then it's probably time to do a factory reset and start from scratch. If it won't connect during the setup, then it's sounding like there's been a hardware failure and pretty much nothing else can be done.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@atc98092 wrote:

Well, that's a networking issue for sure. The question is if it's your network, or the TV's network connection. Are you wired or using WiFi? Is everything else on your network connecting correctly? So absolutely nothing is connecting on your Roku TV? If that's the case, I would first try the Network Reset function in the Settings menu. If that doesn't change anything, then it's probably time to do a factory reset and start from scratch. If it won't connect during the setup, then it's sounding like there's been a hardware failure and pretty much nothing else can be done.

Read the first comment again:

I can use netflix and youtube without having any issues.

I am having similar issues for a few weeks now.  Some apps running like sh*t (namely DAZN and Spotify).  Did Roku push out a system update in the last few weeks?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Sorry, I missed that line. I'd still try the network reset, simply because it doesn't impact anything else. You just have to reconnect the network. But the fact you're having the problem with multiple channels, but not all of them, is a puzzle. It might require a factory reset to clear, but I only suggest that as a last resort. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I think I figured out what was wrong in my case: I have a Pi-Hole which ubeknownst to me had crashed.  This presumably caused DNS issues which interfered with those particular apps.  I rebooted the Pi-HOle and Spotify and DAZN are working great again.

OP, if you have a Pi-Hole, try rebooting it or checking the query log for blacklisted IPs.  If not, maybe try adjusting the DNS settings in your router.  It's worth a shot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Trying to set up a Roku tv right now and I am having that same problem. I added Locast, PBS, PBSKids. All cannot be accessed. It switches to the app for 2 seconds then returns to the home screen with no error code, nor any chance to log in. Very frustrating Roku!  Also, I have Roku sticks on 2 other TVs and set them up without the hassle that I am getting with this more expensive Roku option. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Cluescookies 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your Roku TV, then adding the channel back again? Does this resolve issue?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos