Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madking1
Streaming Star

New TCL 65r635 and LG soundbar issue

New TCL 65r635 and love it. I have an LG soundbar (LAS450H) and am using an hdmi cable. When I turn the tv on the soundbar turns on and instead of using ARC it defaults to Optical and theres no sound. I have to turn the tv off and then turn it back on and then it reads the Arc signal. Ive tried so many settings. Do TCL tvs not play with LG soundbars well? Anyone else heard of this issue?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New TCL 65r635 and LG soundbar issue

You do not connect both ARC and optical cable, its one or the other. If the LG has HDMI marked ARC, use it only, and make sure its connected to the HDMI marked ARC on the tv as well. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Madking1
Streaming Star

Tivoburkee - thats the problem. I dont have an Optical cable hooked up. Just hdmi is being used

0 Kudos
Madking1
Streaming Star

anyone with some advice? Is this a problem with the tv or the soundbar?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Is it connected to the hdmi marked ARC on the roku tv? I have roku tv where its hdmi 1 thats the arc, and I have aother where its hdmi 3. If it's connected right, then go into roku tv settings and refresh the CEC devices connected to it. The volume icon upper right corner what does it look like? A single horn, an upright speaker inclosure? Or is it of Soundbar? 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Madking1
Streaming Star

Yes it is in the ARC hdmi and is plugged in correctly. Like I mentioned when I turn the tv off and then back on it then will connect to ARC. So its connected correctly.

When I go into the CEC setting I can see the LG soundbar name in HDMI4 and it has an * next to it. Not sure what that means. I have eARC, 1-touch, and System Standby all checked in the options. I refreshed the settings and still doesnt work.

The sound icon is a upright speaker inclosure.

0 Kudos
Madking1
Streaming Star

any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Try unplugging them from the power for a bit? Or restart through the tv settings. 

Edmund

0 Kudos