Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New Streambar Pro playback issues - need help before I have to return it

@lunchbox12682

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Have you already tried removing the channel, restarting the device, then adding the channel back again to see if the issue is still occuring?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
MadOx75
Level 7

I’m having this issue with my Soundbar Pro, and it’s extremely frustrating. Netflix is bad, Apple TV is basically unusable. At times the entire device freezes up and pressing home on the remote doesn’t even do anything. At first I thought it was network related, but I have gigabit internet, and all the other devices, Roku or otherwise, work fine.  Then I found this post and knew something was up. I’ve got the sub and the rear speakers, so returning it really isn’t an option, but I’d just like it to work…

BobSlydell
Level 7

Same issue here, especially affecting Apple TV. Issues while watching Netflix and Prime, also, however. Wondering if part of it is just the Streambar Pro’s CPU—one of the biggest manifestations for me, beyond freezing playback accompanied by glitchy sound—is an inability to adjust the sound. I’ll use the volume buttons and it’ll go up or down, but many seconds after I press them. Same with the frozen playback, if I press the back arrow…a bunch of times, because I’m frustrated, it’ll eventually execute those commands, making the menu pop up and down, for example, in Netflix a bunch of times much later after the hang is resolved.  Seems like more than just an internet connectivity issue. And I run other Roku products on all my other TVs, without any issues, I generally love the products.  This is really disappointing/frustrating!

lunchbox12682
Level 7

I did as instructed and haven't had the issue repeat yet. However, it's only been a few days, but I haven't watched much Netflix.  

But it is similar to the most recent description of the issue by others.

BobSlydell
Level 7

I just restarted the Streambar via settings and that made a huuuge difference.  So far at least.  Maybe the thing just needs to reboot with some regularity—unlike they’re other hardware, but if this fix holds (fingers crossed), life won’t be too bad.  Perhaps this is something Roku can address with a firmware update???

Easyaed
Level 7

I had been having sound distortion and sync issues on my pro bar specifically when I  watch cable tv. For streaming channels it works fine. I was under warranty and Roku replaced the bar this past week. It took less than a day for the same problem to pop up. If I disconnect the bar and use the tv speakers, zero problem…so it appears to be a Roku bar firmware problem. If course I’ve done all troubleshooting and resets, to no avail. I use a TCL Roku TV, and am running all my inputs and channels through that. Appreciate the quick response and replacement of the bar from Roku support, but it appears it’s going to end up in the junk pile with my wallet a bit lighter. I suppose there’s a reason why some sound bars cost a little over a hundred dollars and others close to a thousand. When your tv speakers sound clearer than the bar, you’re reminded that you got what you paid for.